• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Lets not sell this guy short. He has the potential to be one of the best defensive midfielders in the world one day.

Still highly unlikely though. Now we have money, our name is going to be used for leverage. Now everybody in Europe knows we've had a £20M bid accepted there will be a host of clubs queueing up to match that.
The fact we are even in for him speaks volumes of Fosun ambition. As you say now other clubs know we will have plenty of competition I hope Nuno can convince him to come to us, very very exciting!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I thought this was one of the more batshit mental rumours of the summer but it actually looks like it has legs. The cynic in me says this is a short term one year deal to sell him to one of the top 6 clubs for silly money (see Kieta at RBL).

But if we get Neves in then we only need a striker and I think we may well be one of the favourites to go up.

Alex Goncalves‏
@Aljeeves10

"2 more giants of Portugal football news, A Bola & O Jogo, publish papers showing Ruben Neves moving to Wolves. This is really happening...?"

Some brilliant Tweets on this.

If we sign him Jeff Shi is going to be fighting off a lot of sexual advances!

This my fave so far - "Ruben Neves drops back to collect the ball from Miranda, lovely ball out wide to Helder Costa, gets to the byline, crosses... EDWAAAARDS!!"

Some brilliant Tweets on this.

If we sign him Jeff Shi is going to be fighting off a lot of sexual advances!

This my fave so far - "Ruben Neves drops back to collect the ball from Miranda, lovely ball out wide to Helder Costa, gets to the byline, crosses... EDWAAAARDS!!"
I saw that one very funny indeed!

Porto based paper O Jogo claim negotiations between Porto & Wolves went on all night: "Neves only a step away from joining in a €20m deal". https://t.co/0ODzc2bheW

Ok.. Here is the story behind this. Porto needs to make 115M on sales because of the Fair Play thing. Considering their poor squad that was almost a miracle. But when you need a miracle, who you gonna call? Yep you know who.

This is my opinion on how this is happening: Wolves buys Rúben, Porto gets the money, Rúben stays at Porto on loan, Fair Play is guaranteed, Mendes saves the day, Porto is grateful so they join back the brotherwood, Wolves gains even more Mendes sympathy, next season Rúben joins Juve as he was supposed to but for the real value.

I've read them with my bookie's account open where I think 16/1 for us is looking increasingly good value. Or maybe not if SLB's depressingly sensible post is right...

In fairness he would have been unseating the best defensive midfielder (Danilo Pereira) in Liga NOS to get consistent time there.

Fejsa is not playing for Porto buddy.

Ok.. Here is the story behind this. Porto needs to make 115M on sales because of the Fair Play thing. Considering their poor squad that was almost a miracle. But when you need a miracle, who you gonna call? Yep you know who.

This is my opinion on how this is happening: Wolves buys Rúben, Porto gets the money, Rúben stays at Porto on loan, Fair Play is guaranteed, Mendes saves the day, Porto is grateful so they join back the brotherwood, Wolves gains even more Mendes sympathy, next season Rúben joins Juve as he was supposed to but for the real value.
I will be amazed if we loan him back. It just wouldn't work for Wolves to hand over money for nothing and probably would have the FA all over us.

Porto will probably get a huge sell on % when he does finally move to a major European club....still I will be staggered if we sign him, just can't see it crossing the line.

Back