• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Blame daz hale and his desperation on twitter for that one.

That's harsh Daz said there is a lot going on behind the seasons including one deal we wouldn't expect. He didn't say it would happen this week. This week though the following has happened:
Saville Sold
Wallace Sold
Silvio Not Extended
Gladon Loaned
Douglas signed

I wouldn't say that was a quiet week, I have to say though that Daz is a mate of mine from back in the day and a more committed Wolves fan you couldn't wish to meet. He was the guy who went to the Freight Rover Trophy away games and was at Chorley all 3 times

You have to try and get rid of the dross first before getting more in however much money we've got.

Anyone know something about Ruben Neves to Wolves for 20M€ ?

Enviado do meu ZTE BLADE A512 através de Tapatalk

The same Ruben Neves that Liverpool & Chelsea want to sign?

Yes, he's been living of a good first season at 17. Benched for the last two.

I think Hause could really progress this season with better quality defenders around him.

For me, next priority is GK, then a CM and then a striker last. The quality we have in the 3 attacking slots plus the full backs who will surely be pushing on means we should be creating chances

2 x CMs for me, we're so short of quality there. I have serious love for young Mr Ronan but we can't rely on him, and all the first teamers are either empirically wank or have so much to prove.

Just reading Twitter on this. A lot of people saying he will be sold before Midnight tonight, something to do with Porto needing the money in for this financial window due to FFP and they have received a suitable bid from a "big club". Clubs linked with him - Liverpool, Monaco and Chelsea then this was tweeted

Fábio Teixeira‏ @fabio2up 2h2 hours ago
Rúben Neves at @Wolves for 19 million euros, it's done. #RúbenNeves #Wolverhampton

2 x CMs for me, we're so short of quality there. I have serious love for young Mr Ronan but we can't rely on him, and all the first teamers are either empirically $#@! or have so much to prove.

I was thinking Saiss would be in there, with a bit more quality around he should do better. But he needs an intelligent player next to him who can also pass the ball

I'd prefer two CMs in. Use Saiss and maybe Oniangue and Ronan as squad options when needed. No idea if Oniangue will ever cut the mustard though and Saiss hardly pulled up any trees, it sort of points to the fact that we do need two if you don't count Price or Coady (which you really shouldn't).

I think we'd still need two even if you say he'll be ok (because out of who we have, who are you picking alongside him?). And I'm far from convinced he will be. As maligned as Evans is, I think he's shown more as a DM than Saiss has in this league.

I'm hoping niggling injury concerns were behind him looking slower than Robin van der Laan for the last nine months.

I'm sure Saiss will look a lot better when he isn't asked to get the ball off the keeper and then pick out the wide man who is about a mile away from him.

He showed his quality in the Cardiff game, where he came on and instantly ended the threat from Noone who had arrived 10 mins earlier and enjoyed his freedom of being marked by Doherty. He does have a habit of messing up short passes up and then having no speed to get back but if we have actual footballers who understand movement off the ball he shoud come good.

Just reading Twitter on this. A lot of people saying he will be sold before Midnight tonight, something to do with Porto needing the money in for this financial window due to FFP and they have received a suitable bid from a "big club". Clubs linked with him - Liverpool, Monaco and Chelsea then this was tweeted

Fábio Teixeira‏ @fabio2up 2h2 hours ago
Rúben Neves at @Wolves for 19 million euros, it's done. #RúbenNeves #Wolverhampton

Just imagine...

I'm sure Saiss will look a lot better when he isn't asked to get the ball off the keeper and then pick out the wide man who is about a mile away from him.

He showed his quality in the Cardiff game, where he came on and instantly ended the threat from Noone who had arrived 10 mins earlier and enjoyed his freedom of being marked by Doherty. He does have a habit of messing up short passes up and then having no speed to get back but if we have actual footballers who understand movement off the ball he shoud come good.

His passes are too good for our players to understand...

I don't dislike the guy, I think he could be ok in the right team. He isn't going to dominate this league though, there are too many bits lacking in his game. Also please never play him in a back three, ever.

Also please never play him in a back three, ever.

Does alright there for Morocco........maybe the rule should be don't play him in a back 3 where one of the others is even slower than him (the image of Saiss and Williamson running in slow-mo v Rotherham was a delight)

Back