• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Agree with you Kenny, not at all surprised some chump clubs are interested in Doc

Supposedly a goalie who was destined for great things and then lost his way a bit at Porto

With a bit more lazy research, currently Portugal's second choice if the Confed squad is anything to go off. At 24, still a good ten years ahead of him!

Pretty quick turnaround to get him here for a medical the day after he was knocked out of the Confederations cup.

It seems Diony is in England. Is it us, Blues? This guy seems to have the physicality for the league, do those more in touch with French football think he has the skill and temperament?
Ball sticks to him pretty well, but he's fiery. Could see him get in more foul trouble than your average striker.

Looking to sign some guy called Aderllan Santos, apparently. I wish they'd hurry up and push Brexit through all these foreigners are doing my head in...

Starting centre half for Braga for a couple of seasons (inc. Europa League qualification in 14/15) before a €9.5m to Valencia where he's largely been a backup.

Someone called Jonzy54 on the Rumours site saying Lonergan to Oldham, EEL to Blackburn and interest from other Champo clubs in Mason.
Is that the same fella from the mix who is always "keeping his powder dry"?
This "busy week" that a lot of people have promised hasn't really materialised, has it? Although I'm sure Douglas will be confirmed later.

As for Ahmed Hassan Mahgoub, he seems to blow a bit hot & cold. I believe he was injured a fair bit last season which probably explains the poor goal return (season before he scored 14 in 46 for Braga). But for Rio Ave he scored 32 goals in 97 appearances which is quite a good return - plus presumably he's mates with Miranda if they were there at the same time.

At 24 he's a good age & he's a big lad (6"3) so would give us a presence up top, but his injury record worries me.
Blame daz hale and his desperation on twitter for that one.

Another centre back?

EEL off and another one in would probably be the end of Batth so we would have
Miranda, Bennett, Hause & Santos challenging for the positions. Certainly concentrating on sorting out the defence aren't they

Last edited:
Looking to sign some guy called Aderllan Santos, apparently. I wish they'd hurry up and push Brexit through all these foreigners are doing my head in...

Santos has played under Nuno before. Hope there's something in this as he looks an absolute step up in quality from where we were last season, but I worry about where that leaves Hause.

Santos has played under Nuno before. Hope there's something in this as he looks an absolute step up in quality from where we were last season, but I worry about where that leaves Hause.
Ultimately if we're buying players better than Hause then it's kind of moot.

Not really. Hause having been an academy product is something we need to nurture, and ensure he reaches his potential, with us. A marginal improvement in the now is shortsighted if Hause's development is stifled. Aside from that, academy graduates tend to create a bigger affinity and connection with fans, which can actually help all players. We don't get many capable of excelling at this level, we need to make the most of them!

Hause didn't come through the academy. We bought him from Wycombe having already played league football

Wasnt an academy player. We purchased him from Wycombe and he went into the U23 squad. Same as Lee Evans did.

Signing another CB will just mean we have 4 (5 if Batth stays) So it won't make much difference apart from maybe having better quality to compete with.

OK, replace that with young English player. Point still stands!

See that Felix Wiedwald - the keeper from Werder Bremen - has signed for Leeds. There's one we missed...

I've always been on the fence with Hause, he may develop but I'm not convinced. He's not the player at 22 that Lescott was at 18 for instance. At the start of the Summer I'd have been signing a centre half to play alongside him, but if we find two who are better then great....as long as they actually are!

Back