• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Was going to say, he looked ok there with Morocco. Though I think Deutsch's protestations are based more on the formation than anything else.

Just imagine...
How about the latest on it

Portugesesoccer.com
@PsoccerCOM
TVi24: Ruben Neves on way to Wolverhampton. Deal for around 20M. His buyout with FC Porto was 40M but Porto financial issues forced move.

Got to love it when things start rolling on social media.

Don't even find them funny any more.
Whoever started this one is a genius though. A lot of Portugese folk on Twitter seem to believe it and it was reported on TV earlier.

Of course it is but still it's a boring Friday night so keeps the minutes ticking by

Alex Goncalves
@Aljeeves
Sincerely doubt it, been linked with Liverpool and Chelsea and will cost about £25mil. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at Porto. Sorry!

Then...
Well I don't want to get you to excited, but this rumour has seriously picked up traction... And Tvi24 is HUGELY reliable. Quite incredible!

Was going to say, he looked ok there with Morocco. Though I think Deutsch's protestations are based more on the formation than anything else.

Like any formation, if you have the players to make it work, then great. We absolutely do not though.

Not sure why so many people are convinced Nuno will go that way when he has never played a back three at any of his clubs.

From Jan Hagen:

On one hand Neves to Wolves is one of the most insane things I've ever heard, but with J.Mendes involved it might, might be something to it. https://t.co/ghEB4zCBBT

Even with Jorge Mendes & Nuno involved, Rúben Neves to Wolves would be a major shock. His qualities would be wasted in the Championship. https://t.co/GoGauiJrwI

Well, we've got two hours to find out/wet our pants [delete as appropriate]
...serious amount of tweets.

By rights we shouldn't be able to own Helder Costa. What on earth is he doing at a mid-table Championship club?

But I still can't see this. I'd love to, but I can't.

The Paul Scholes of Porto.

Love that description of him.

It is entertaining reading Twitter at the mo which has a great split of reactions - hope it's true - not in a million years - and Liverpool fans in shock.

Neves gonna give you up, Neves gonna let you down, Neves gonna run around Wolverhampton... :)

Not just Twitter though, seemingly reliable TV in Portugal reporting it

If there is any substance to this then I would hazard a guess that maybe Chelsea and Liverpool aren't willing to offer as much money up front as they want. I guess Porto don't care where he goes as long as they get the most money they can for him, and it'd be up to Mendes and Nuno to convince him to come here.

Back