• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

From what I remember of watching him when he played for Arabs the historical Wolves left back I'd compare him to would be Lee Naylor.

Konyaspor confirm Barry Douglas set to join Wolves: "Barry wants to leave, that’s true. But we are unable to agree a deal with Celtic" #WWFC

@AA_Richards journalist for the Mirror.

Followed with:
See only two reasons for such a public remark: 1) Deal all but done. 2) Last ditch attempt to get Celtic back to the table. #WWFC
The latter point just opened the Mbami wound.

From what I remember of watching him when he played for Arabs the historical Wolves left back I'd compare him to would be Lee Naylor.

In which case, stay away from the South Bank, Barry.

Also prepare for people suggesting you should play on the left side of midfield all the fucking time.

Edit: Why would Celtic want him anyway? Tierney and Izaguirre already there?

He looks like a solid, natural left back who will hopefully chip in with a 7-8/10 each week. Sort of like Kevin Foley when he first moved to us.

He seems to have played a good amount of football and brings the experience of having played abroad with him. It'll be good to get this one over the line. The back line will really be shaping up then.

In which case, stay away from the South Bank, Barry.

Also prepare for people suggesting you should play on the left side of midfield all the fucking time.

Edit: Why would Celtic want him anyway? Tierney and Izaguirre already there?

Emilio might be off I suppose. He's 2nd choice behind KT now, might want more game time.

Yeah, we REALLY need a top, top goalie

Bring him on Frank, got the experience no doubt..

Would love a big commanding GK, Murray spoiled us would love a keeper in that mould.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

There are plenty of keepers young and old who would be an upgrade on ikeme and Lonergan. Patience, however, is a virtue

There's a photo doing the rounds on Twitter of Doiny, supposedly at Birmingham Airport this evening.

Tbf, it's definitely him. But the photo could have been taken at any time, anywhere. You've got to love silly season :icon_lol:

Linked with Birmingham too.

Well, 'Arry has missed out on Defoe today...

I'd say it's more likely that he's trying to tempt Crouchy down as he gets the band back together, because of course it's still 2007.

I'm always deeply cynical about forwards from Ligue Un. It's only a notch up from the Eredivisie in reliability for buying strikers.

True, but I'd still take Diony on reputation alone over Bod and possibly Dicko too at the moment.

It seems Diony is in England. Is it us, Blues? This guy seems to have the physicality for the league, do those more in touch with French football think he has the skill and temperament?

Someone called Jonzy54 on the Rumours site saying Lonergan to Oldham, EEL to Blackburn and interest from other Champo clubs in Mason.

Back