• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

It seems Diony is in England. Is it us, Blues? This guy seems to have the physicality for the league, do those more in touch with French football think he has the skill and temperament?

Ask Kenny. Alan Quirked his hack

Konyaspor confirm Barry Douglas set to join Wolves: "Barry wants to leave, that’s true. But we are unable to agree a deal with Celtic" #WWFC

@AA_Richards journalist for the Mirror.

Followed with:
See only two reasons for such a public remark: 1) Deal all but done. 2) Last ditch attempt to get Celtic back to the table. #WWFC

Celtic have Kieran Tierney at LB and Emilio Izaguire signed an extension recently and he is current back up to KT.

Douglas would love to play for Celtic but Celtic dont need him. I think its more of a case of Douglas trying to promote himself to Celtic rather than Celtic wanting him.

More rumours: Douglas (already covered previously) and two "foreigners" in town for talks/medical. One said to be Ahmed Hassan Mahgoub (Egyptian International striker from Sporting Braga).

Mahgoub got two in fourteen last season. Looks pretty average at best.

More rumours: Douglas (already covered previously) and two "foreigners" in town for talks/medical. One said to be Ahmed Hassan Mahgoub (Egyptian International striker from Sporting Braga).

The other one is said to Sa - a goalie from Portugal. Hassan doesn't seem to have played that many games for Braga but decent scoring record (12 in 37?)

Mahgoub has been injured since March and isn't expected back until August. Add to that he seemed to miss most of February with two seperate niggles. This is according to TransferMarkt. Have no idea on his ability but I'm wary given the injury record.

This "busy week" that a lot of people have promised hasn't really materialised, has it? Although I'm sure Douglas will be confirmed later.

As for Ahmed Hassan Mahgoub, he seems to blow a bit hot & cold. I believe he was injured a fair bit last season which probably explains the poor goal return (season before he scored 14 in 46 for Braga). But for Rio Ave he scored 32 goals in 97 appearances which is quite a good return - plus presumably he's mates with Miranda if they were there at the same time.

At 24 he's a good age & he's a big lad (6"3) so would give us a presence up top, but his injury record worries me.

Mahgoub has been injured since March and isn't expected back until August. Add to that he seemed to miss most of February with two seperate niggles. This is according to TransferMarkt. Have no idea on his ability but I'm wary given the injury record.
Benfica follower on Twitter says he failed a medical there and talk of an heart condition!

According to the Mirror there are several championship clubs interested in Doc, surely we can't be that lucky?

several Championship clubs keen on full back Matt Doherty who can play on left or right but currently unsure of future under new Wolves boss

From James Nursey...

As I said t'other day from the oustide he looks like a safe bet - 1st choice for 2 seasons, scored some belters, got a decent amount off assists under his belt and a POTS. We know certain managers are lazy in their scouting (we have had a few of them) so the stats make him look a lot better than he is (and also he isn't as bad as some of his critics make out, cue Dan going mental over the thought)

As I said t'other day from the oustide he looks like a safe bet - 1st choice for 2 seasons, scored some belters, got a decent amount off assists under his belt and a POTS. We know certain managers are lazy in their scouting (we have had a few of them) so the stats make him look a lot better than he is (and also he isn't as bad as some of his critics make out, cue Dan going mental over the thought)

NPH-dissapoint.gif

Back