• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

So we've finally agreed that Wolves could pointlessly throw loads of money at Benfica and it's all completely irrelevant because at the end of the day the player will decide where he wants to go?

"...it sounds like he'd rather wait out for a Premier League or equivalent club..." from my first post. i don't need to agree something with you that i wrote to start with do i? i think everyone knows you can't force a high profile player to move somewhere he doesn't want to go. of course, any bidding club doesn't necessarily know what a player's reaction is likely to be when they bid. it would save a lot of time if they did know that. as such a player's unknown intention doesn't diminish the value of the bidding tactics.

the relevance of bidding high as a tactic is surely to get to talk to the player you really want first isn't it? and there would be no point bidding more than an offer that's already been accepted by the selling club, which is the situation you were comparing it to. of course, it's only supposition that's the club would tactically do this.

Now that we have signed a few, what are our most precarious positions where we simply have to strengthen?

(I'm not really up to date on our squad yet).

Now that we have signed a few, what are our most precarious positions where we simply have to strengthen?

We desperately need a striker.

Striker. Dicko isn't ready yet (doubt he'll play much in the opening month), Mason isn't really the answer, beyond that we have Enobakhare and Ennis who have a whole one league start between them at the moment. I think we need two strikers really.

Silvio and Helder to play on the left, Teixeira to come into midfield whether we go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

Why ay we signed Joel Campbell yet?

CB and ST for me.

Can't see us signing another centre half when we have four senior options plus Iorfa at the club. Batth and Hause are fine to get us through the first half of the season at least, if you set up properly (ie with proper protection in front of them, and proper full backs either side) then there's no real issue with them at this level.

We've brought 3 players in, so just another 8 to go.

We definitely need another full back. We have Dom & Silvio who are class but beyond that we've got Doherty covering both sides, Kortney Hause playing out of position or Deslandes/Odoffin/O'Hanlon from the U21's.

We need an other defender too. Silvio's injury record means we have to assume he will be unavailable for a significant number of games this season, and we're still devoid of natural left-backs beyond him. Also don't know whether Iorfa injured himself in the Swansea game. So ideally, I guess, someone flexible enough to play both LB or CB (although we should be fine at CB, after a couple of injuries we'll start to look rough there again).

We desperately need a striker.

Striker. Dicko isn't ready yet (doubt he'll play much in the opening month), Mason isn't really the answer, beyond that we have Enobakhare and Ennis who have a whole one league start between them at the moment. I think we need two strikers really.

Silvio and Helder to play on the left, Teixeira to come into midfield whether we go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.
Thanks guys. Do we know if Zenga plays two up front?

The first team.

Seriously, we're pretty desperate for a centre forward.
Looks like consensus on the striker front! May have to look outside Portugal for that...

I'd probably say another two strikers, to be honest.

Back