• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Fill in the blanks,

GK -

DL - Silvio
DC - Hause
DC - Batth
DR - Iorfa

MC - Price
MC -

AML - Costa
AMC - Wallace
AMR - Teixeira

SC -

Can't see us signing another centre half when we have four senior options plus Iorfa at the club. Batth and Hause are fine to get us through the first half of the season at least, if you set up properly (ie with proper protection in front of them, and proper full backs either side) then there's no real issue with them at this level.

I assume they will want a centre half who can communicate and organise, turn, and pass it properly !!!

If Talisca comes in it'll be him behind the striker with Teixeira next to Price.

(Of course I am expecting to be thoroughly baffled come 2pm Saturday and Zenga's first selection comes through, what with him only having a week to get to grips on things...)

I assume they will want a centre half who can communicate and organise, turn, and pass it properly !!!

I'm sure they do want better eventually. But in the immediate term it's not a great priority, we're desperate in other areas.

Can't see us signing another centre half when we have four senior options plus Iorfa at the club. Batth and Hause are fine to get us through the first half of the season at least, if you set up properly (ie with proper protection in front of them, and proper full backs either side) then there's no real issue with them at this level.

I assume Walter will want a centre half who can communicate and organise, who is mobile and who can pass properly - and we don't have one

true 2 strikers are the immediatw priority I just doubt he will wnt to go to January before replacing Baath

LB, Talisca, STR (Muriel would be lovely thankyouverymuch)

i bet Edwards still plays ..................................:wife:

I'm still hanging onto the ever so tenuous link to Borja Bastón. He would rip Championship centre halves to pieces.

I predict 1 maybe 2 big money purchases in time to play Sat - 1 of which will be a striker

Fill in the blanks,

GK - Ikeme(Yuk)

DL - Silvio
DC - Hause
DC - Batth
DR - Iorfa

MC - Price
MC - Saville

AML - Costa
AMC - Teixeira
AMR - Wallace

SC - Ennis(Currently)

As things stand...

Ikeme is fine as long as he puts last season behind him.

He should be floating a little. As a Keeper having an legend from that position to help out will be immense.

So his other options were a trip to A&E and a foot cast

I'm delighted that our medical overcomes the Mendes factor

He must be bad if he fails a medical that Williamson passed

He must be bad if he fails a medical that Williamson passed

To be fair to Willo, the injury he had that ruled him out for a million months wasn't the one that he picked up on his return to Newcastle. So, difficult for the medical team to spot an injury that he didn't have at the time he signed for us (Arrived with a nearly healed Hamstring injury and then picked up another injury in the arse area)

This is becoming our version of the Pogba deal (but without the updates every 5 minutes from Sky)

Wolves are close to signing Benfica star Talisca in a €25m deal, and reports suggested the midfielder was supposed to travel to England on Friday for medical examinations.
However, the player didn’t arrive at Wolverhampton on Friday, and the appointment of Walter Zenga could be the reason for the delay.

On Sunday, according to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, Talisca is certainly signing for Wolves, and the player is said to have been aware of it for over a week now.

O Jogo say Talisca could travel to England anytime to complete medical examinations after ‘final details’ were sorted out.

Earlier, reports in the Portuguese media also linked Talisca with a move to Liverpool, but those reports never made sense and a move to Wolves always seemed more likely.

Wolves have made a significant investment on Talisca and would certainly be hoping he fires them to the Premier League at the end of the season.

Back