• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

We won't fall foul of FFP over wages. That is bollocks. There is no "maximum wage" for FFP at all. We can lose £39m over three seasons, and frankly we can lose a lot more than that.

Thanks for confirming that Paddy. I thought it had changed to 3yrs x £13m and no restriction on wages.
So agree with you that it's bollocks.

I think this is just more regurgitation from yesterday and nothing new, I suspect he is playing hard ball with our money men and who can blame him. I have a funny feeling he will be announced tomorrow, flurry of activity at the training ground today lots of coming and going.

I'm not expecting it to go mad tomorrow but hopefully we'll have at least 2 more first team players in by the weekend

All smoke and mirrors, Talisca's comin' to Molineux.

Talisca deal stalling over wage demands

http://the72.co.uk/61620/wolves-unlikely-deal-to-sign-anderson-talisca-close-to-collapsing/?

Apparently we've offered the maximum under FFP rules but his reps. want more.

As Paddy says, FFP is a nonsense. It is to do with accumulated losses. So say we buy Talisca, don't go up and sell him for more than we bought him for and so doing so gaining not just transfer fee but covered his wages too. No loss there.

If we go up its all mute of course as we will not fall foul of the rules. Figures can be fudged and you would imagine Talisca's fee would be written down over more than 3 years.

You sign Talisca on a four year contract then it is five million a year for FFP.

FFP is meaningless anyway if we're promoted within 3 years. We can spend £390 million as long as we're out of the Championship in that time.

These new owners really mean business, I wonder just how much money they will spend at Wolves. I presume they will not just keep on throwing money about, so what kind of figures are they prepared to spend?

As much as it takes to get us established. Then it all pays for itself. Peter Coates no longer has to put money into Stoke when they want to buy players and there's now little risk of them getting relegated.

As much as it takes to get us established. Then it all pays for itself. Peter Coates no longer has to put money into Stoke when they want to buy players and there's now little risk of them getting relegated.

I wonder if there is a timescale on when they expect Wolves to be back in the Premier League. Interesting times ahead.

Cash to burn

13781985_1255346771155995_548269453214767599_n.jpg

Although that little snippet makes it sound like they were going to by WBA yesterday but suddenly changed their mind.

We won't fall foul of FFP over wages. That is bollocks. There is no "maximum wage" for FFP at all. We can lose £39m over three seasons, and frankly we can lose a lot more than that.
Imo wages should be much lower while we are at championship....

Apparently we are signing another on loan From Benfica. Trying to get link to post few sites reporting it.

Wolves look set to sign a third player from Benfica in less than a week with midfielder Joao Teixeira already in England for a medical. The 22-year-old player is set to follow in the footsteps of full-back Silvio and winger Helder Costa by joining the Championship club on a season-long loan deal. Super-agent Jorge Mendes is thought to be behind Wolves' sudden plunge into the Portuguese transfer market after the recent £40m takeover of the club by Chinese company Fosun International. Mendes has links to Fosun, who hold a minority stake in his agency Gestifute, and the Portuguese deals may not stop here with still a month left on the summer transfer window. Teixeira is well regarded at Benfica and extended his contract with the Portuguese champions until 2021 only last summer. He made six appearances for Vitoria Guimaraes on loan last season.

Read more at:https://www.clubcall.com/championship/wolves-to-sign-third-benfica-boy-1816327.html

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

João Teixeira (vid from when he was 18, now 22)

Back