• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Well Jeff Shi said 5-8 players, that's a hefty squad change right there. And I don't get this experience of the championship stuff, we have an entire squad with experience of the championship and it was $#@! last season. What we're actually short on is real quality up front, down our left side and in central midfield. Why wouldn't you spend big to replace them?

Yeah this. What's the point of being a money no object club if you object to spending money. Good player available and wants to come to Wolves...buy him.

Well Jeff Shi said 5-8 players, that's a hefty squad change right there. And I don't get this experience of the championship stuff, we have an entire squad with experience of the championship and it was $#@! last season. What we're actually short on is real quality up front, down our left side and in central midfield. Why wouldn't you spend big to replace them?
Never agreed with you more, Johnny.

How much will KJ be allowed to spend? And if he does not get the desired results will a new manager also be given a big cheque book?

How much will KJ be allowed to spend? And if he does not get the desired results will a new manager also be given a big cheque book?

He isn't spending anything Frank. He is "Head Coach" and does the training/picks the team...He will train whoever is given to him

Totally agree Johnny. Areas really lacking in quality held back because of our budget but we can put that right now. Championship "experience" is also so overrated. Good players win you games.

I'm not believing this until I get the tweet from the club and see the photo. The last time we had this sort of transfer frenzy was Steve Daley/Andy Grey.
As for other clubs fans comments, pftttttt. Didn't see many Derby or any other clubs fans apologising for spending money they hadn't got last year, while our boys were searching down the back of the setee so they didn't go into the red.

WHERE ARE MY SIGNINGS I WAS PROMISED THREE SIGNINGS

WHERE ARE MY SIGNINGS I WAS PROMISED THREE SIGNINGS

By the E&S...That was your first mistake, believing anything that rag writes!

You also know by now that we do medicals over two days so if they started yesterday then today was day two. Tomorrow Alan, tomorrow ;)

And I don't get this experience of the championship stuff, we have an entire squad with experience of the championship and it was shit last season. What we're actually short on is real quality up front, down our left side and in central midfield. Why wouldn't you spend big to replace them?

I said domestically, not championship journeyman. I just think that this sort of money for that sort of player is the sort of thing QPR would have done. They kept talking about how that M'Bia guy had once attracted the interest of Real Madrid, and that seemed to be the reason they were proud to have him, turned out to be garbage and ill suited to the team. This guy seems to be ill thought of by Benfica fans, and we seem to be keen on the idea of spending loads of money on him because we can. Him improving our currently poor side/squad isn't worth discussing in relative terms, as countless players would improve us.

If this is the sort of control Mendez is going to have then it only makes sense that he'll have a manager he's worked with before in place sooner rather than later.

Doesn't look like anything is being announced today then. Another successful day for the E&S.

I said domestically, not championship journeyman. I just think that this sort of money for that sort of player is the sort of thing QPR would have done. They kept talking about how that M'Bia guy had once attracted the interest of Real Madrid, and that seemed to be the reason they were proud to have him, turned out to be garbage and ill suited to the team. This guy seems to be ill thought of by Benfica fans, and we seem to be keen on the idea of spending loads of money on him because we can. Him improving our currently poor side/squad isn't worth discussing in relative terms, as countless players would improve us.

Not worth £17m ≠ Ill thought of.

If this is the sort of control Mendez is going to have then it only makes sense that he'll have a manager he's worked with before in place sooner rather than later.

My feelings too, don't see how KJ fits into this masterplan. These Galicticyows aren't going to be interested in Jackettball. I wouldn't be surprised if secret talks are taking place now, possibly with Marco Silva?

A manager he's worked with?

He's an agent not club staff, there's potential for massive conflict of interest if he was given any sort of official power within the club. There's already plenty of dodgy ground being trodden by agents like him representing both players and clubs in the same transfer deals!

Back