• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

From JuliusCaesar on the Mix:

Spoke to a friend who used to be a director at Blackburn Rovers. Well connected in the game and knows a thing or two.

This transfer is very much a real thing. Liverpool were interested, less so now. Wolves are the only other English destination being considered. Could be done as early as this weekend. Of course, if Liverpool are being coy and they decide to up the money....

My mate reckons the signing of Wijnaldum makes Liverpool less likely to go hard for Talisca.

Big wages. Permanent signing. No mention of a loan.

Haven't looked on the mix much for years. I guess the question is how credible JuliusCeasar is rather than his mate. Is he one of these ITK attention whores?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Haven't looked on the mix much for years. I guess the question is how credible JuliusCeasar is rather than his mate. Is he one of these ITK attention whores?

No he's seemed quite reliable for info recently.

In which case I'm mega excited now. Amazing news might need a bottle of Aldis finest later this week!!

In which case I'm mega excited now. Amazing news might need a bottle of Aldis finest later this week!!

I can recommend their bourbon - I'm quite the connoisseur ;)

There's some joker on Villatalk linking us with Fabio Coentrao. :icon_lol:

This thread over the past few days:

wait-what.gif

It's gone. Derby aren't in any trouble with it despite spending about £30m last season, rest assured they do not generate that much revenue.

Can now make £13m loss per year, but it's calculated over a three year period, so in theory we can make a £39m loss this year.

The FFP is over a 3 year period now, if we get promoted before the 3 years that cant do anything which makes the FFP pointless

Don't think it will quite work like that, this year they'll use 14/15, 15/16 and 16/17 to calculate it.

Can now make £13m loss per year, but it's calculated over a three year period, so in theory we can make a £39m loss this year.

I'm sure we can balance any fee we spend on Talisca with what we get from Rafa for Coady.

I'm sure we can balance any fee we spend on Talisca with what we get from Rafa for Coady.

Fees are bit of a myth anyway due to amortisation. If we sign someone at £15m over 5 years it would only be a £3m a year loss.

Then take into account the profit on say, Afobe, you can in theory sign 3 x £15m players with a net result of £0 on the P&L account.

Obviously, the profit we make on Coady will mean we can sign anybody, forever.

There's some joker on Villatalk linking us with Fabio Coentrao. :icon_lol:

Been nosing around on twitter (yes, I know) and one I did see that I haven't seen elsewhere - yet - was linking us with van Aanholt, for some reason. Slightly more realistic, at least.

Considering Sunderland were very close to signing Santon I don't know if there might actually be something in that.

Again though - twitter :hmmm:

Here is a question, just because we can, does that mean we should? We've got serious work to overhaul us, I'd really see us making some smaller moves first, this one guy isn't going to turn us around by himself with a couple of others. It may just be sceptical but I'd prefer us to be looking for some additions domestically first. Pritchard from Spurs, Hendrix from Derby being two I can think off that are surplus and would improve us.

Derby have turned down £7m from Burnley for Hendrick. He's going to be wildly overpriced relative to talent.

Here is a question, just because we can, does that mean we should? We've got serious work to overhaul us, I'd really see us making some smaller moves first, this one guy isn't going to turn us around by himself with a couple of others. It may just be sceptical but I'd prefer us to be looking for some additions domestically first. Pritchard from Spurs, Hendrix from Derby being two I can think off that are surplus and would improve us.

Well Jeff Shi said 5-8 players, that's a hefty squad change right there. And I don't get this experience of the championship stuff, we have an entire squad with experience of the championship and it was shit last season. What we're actually short on is real quality up front, down our left side and in central midfield. Why wouldn't you spend big to replace them?

Back