• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I'm with you, Nando. I can't quite get my head round it and do think that if you gave a competent manager - Dyche for example - £20m that's promotion guaranteed. But maybe the aim is to buidl a Premiership team from the word go, and then not rip it apart when we get promoted. I do think that requires a different manager to K Jackett Esq though

Why does it matter? The owners can spend what they like, when they like. All we need to do is enjoy the ride.

Smashing hard working player with plenty of dig. He would be ready to go from the off, $#@! knows how wingers from Portugal will adapt and how long it would take them.

Why does it matter? The owners can spend what they like, when they like. All we need to do is enjoy the ride.

Absolutely looking forward to Walsall fans moaning again about how much money we have and how it's not fair.

I can fully understand anyone who feels uneasy about any of this. This is uncharted territory for many of us. The last time we did something like this was probably Andy Gray signing on the pitch before the game...

I think Sir Jack spending a lot during the mid nineties was similarish. I remember being just as excited then, but the lesson from that was it didn't get us promoted.
More down to incompetent managers.

This must be what Man City fans were like when they signed Robinho. After a few years the novelty will wear off and we'll be bemoaning the fact our prime targets have gone to Chelsea.

This must be what Man City fans were like when they signed Robinho. After a few years the novelty will wear off and we'll be bemoaning the fact our prime targets have gone to Chelsea.

Pffft. I think you'll find that as their star has waned, they'll be after our cast offs :icon_wink:

no way we should be spending 20 mill on a player at this stage with KJ still in charge, sounds like utter bollocks to me, and i hope it is.

If this is the sort of fee Fosun are able to splash out, let's bloody well enjoy it. I still can't see this happening, but if the funds are there and the players will come, let's build as good a side as possible.

I don't understand what's changed with FFP all of a sudden. I thought you could only match your operating revenues in terms of transfer fees.

If that's gone, buckle up and enjoy the ride. I won't find a single fuck to give if we buy the league because our Chinese overlords are keeping everything else about the club that we love the very same. FWAW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If this is the sort of fee Fosun are able to splash out, let's bloody well enjoy it. I still can't see this happening, but if the funds are there and the players will come, let's build as good a side as possible.

This x1000!

He reminds me a tad of Denilson in that clip, incredibly one sided foot wise, but scores and does some unbelievable things. If nothing else it's been fun taking the piss out of some Liverpool mates about how they've fallen so far they now need to compete with us for players, and making gags about how he would prefer to come to us as at least we will be playing in a league that has the word champ as part of it.

I don't understand what's changed with FFP all of a sudden. I thought you could only match your operating revenues in terms of transfer fees.

It's gone. Derby aren't in any trouble with it despite spending about £30m last season, rest assured they do not generate that much revenue.

I reckon you should do a blog about FFP and how it stands now. Because I don't understand it either.

If that's gone, buckle up and enjoy the ride. I won't find a single $#@! to give if we buy the league because our Chinese overlords are keeping everything else about the club that we love the very same. FWAW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The FFP is over a 3 year period now, if we get promoted before the 3 years that cant do anything which makes the FFP pointless

Back