• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Used to work with someone who had links to the Crewe board during NP time there.
Really hope he's grown up a bit since then.

He hasn't, i mentioned earlier in the thread that less than a year ago he told Crewe coaches that were telling him that he was throwing his career away that he just wanted to go to the top end of the Championship and earn his money. Wasn't bothered about fulfilling hos potential. I hope that has changed but in less than a year i doubt it.

There is something to be said for playing regular football, if you know you aren't going to get that I can imagine frustration and lack of motivation kicking in. He was a top player for Crewe and played like it, with regular football and the crowd behind him who knows what can happen.

I remember us signing a 33 year old depressed alcoholic who went on to have his best years at Wolves....oh how I miss that man.

There is something to be said for playing regular football, if you know you aren't going to get that I can imagine frustration and lack of motivation kicking in. He was a top player for Crewe and played like it, with regular football and the crowd behind him who knows what can happen.

I remember us signing a 33 year old depressed alcoholic who went on to have his best years at Wolves....oh how I miss that man.
Top pedantry, but assuming you mean Alex Rae, he was 31 (nearly 32) when we signed him

I was indeed, not sure why I had 33 in my head perhaps that was Curle.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

From Twitter -

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Kieran Lee is set to join Wolves as soon as their takeover goes through #wwfc #wolves #swfc

Although there are lots of Wednesday fans mocking the person who posted it, saying he's going nowhere.

Same guy who tweeted that also openly saying he made up a fake rumour for a laugh though, so.

Powell has now stopped following Official Wolves on Twitter!! #AllOff #TakeoverCollapsed #JezConsortium

We're all going to wake up soon and realise this has been a pleasant dream...

He's a regular for Benfica. Can't see how that could possibly be true.

Meh - looks a bit one footed to me....

He's a regular for Benfica. Can't see how that could possibly be true.

Up until now he'd been linked with a move to Liverpool. No chance we've nabbed a player of that calibre, no matter how much money we might end up throwing around.

We should expect this though. We'll increasingly find Wolves added on the end of lists of clubs interested in players whose agents are pushing for moves - not because there's anything in it, just because we've got the money this season.

His agent is Mendes but there's no way we'd be signing him over Premier League teams.

Reports that Powell is off to Wigan, not us.

He wasn't there this morning, left the DW about half an hour ago and it was very quiet - no big posh cars around at all.

Back