• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading v Wolves - Matchday thread

Reading corner pinging and ponging and Boly does a fantastic block to save us. No doubt about that!

Reading have spared our blushes on defense thus far. That's a couple of gilt-edged opportunities they really should have done better with.

Defense needs to take a deep breath.

Bennett & Kermogant tussle on a cross - GK given

Right decision - both players going for 1970's defending on that incident

Kermogant is a right prick on this evidence.

Jota shot - wins a corner, but a clean shot without deflection was on target

Reading trying to play out from the back rather than launching it is not making it that difficult for us to counter

Liam Moore and Diogo look like they're getting ready to go twelve rounds at the end of this half.

Half time

Difficult start, but quality told in the end

Lead by one, but would like another at the very least

Played OK. Took us ten minutes to work out their system (ruddy nearly gifting them a couple of goals) and the dominated. After their switch back to 4 at back threw us a bit again I think but we’ve got it under control

If we want we can win this game by 3/4 INO

Half time.

Reading look much better than their table position. Pretty even half although if we're honest I think Reading will be disappointed not to be leading with some of the chances they've spurned. As has been the case a few times this season, though, our quality going forward means we can score even when we don't have control of the match, and that's how we got our goal today.

Half time.

Reading look much better than their table position. Pretty even half although if we're honest I think Reading will be disappointed not to be leading with some of the chances they've spurned. As has been the case a few times this season, though, our quality going forward means we can score even when we don't have control of the match, and that's how we got our goal today.

That's the deal with us now - even when we are not firing properly then still have the players to get a goal out of very litttle

An entertaining 1st half, Reading on top for 10 mins or so and could well have been 2 up (mainly due to some seriously sloppy defending) but going forward we just look so threatening, the goal was very well worked and finished without a care in the world by Cav. Not really the possession based game I expected from either side but a real end to end high pace game its been great.

Raining hard - teams coming out for the second half

Doesn't look like any changes at this time for us

Saw a few people asking about them changing shape, seems they put 3 at the back in for this game, presume to match us. Obviously didnt work if they binned it off first half

That's the deal with us now - even when we are not firing properly then still have the players to get a goal out of very litttle
I was talking to a Reading fan in the pub last night who fancied their chances today. He reckons this should have been their strongest side this season so far.

Boly block after Ruddy drops the ball again

Not the best game for the latter, but Boly has been immense

Back