• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

Basically the League teams have been told let them in Div 1 or we will screw you over and block any chance you have of getting money or in the SPL. Over.a.barrell

Correct, and it leaves SFL clubs in a dilemma. They need SPL money to keep themselves afloat. They clearly think that newco Rangers should be admitted into division three, but they cannot afford the other option.

Majority vote needed. All 30 teams in SFL,

Down to 29 as Dundee have been told they have no vote as they will be a SPL team.

11 of the 29 have said they don't want Rangers in Div 1.

Which will be the centre piece next season, Hearts vs Hibs or Dundee vs Dundee?

They should replace all games where they would have shown Rangers with aspecial 90 minutes of the Hearts owner giving his view on things. Would be better entertainment

I think the Clyde F.C statement is very worrying. Regardless of where newco Rangers end up, the future for many SFL clubs looks very bleak. Those responsible for the downfall of Rangers have brought Scottish football to its knees.

I think the Clyde F.C statement is very worrying. Regardless of where newco Rangers end up, the future for many SFL clubs looks very bleak. Those responsible for the downfall of Rangers have brought Scottish football to its knees.

Scottish football is dead and has been dead for years. Other than 2 teams it is no bigger than the Welsh league or the Irish league. Two teams make other teams over stretch themselves.

Celtic 1/33 for the title next year. Worth a punt?

Celtic 1/33 for the title next year. Worth a punt?

Stick £3k on get just under £100 on top in may.
Would you get that if you stuck it in the bank for the next 10months?
(Probably safer in bookies account then a banks at the moment)

I rekon it would be good for Clubs in scotland if they started in Division 3 it's income for all those clubs down there. I rekon Scottish football will be seeing a few more clubs like Rangers next season

Fleck used to be amazing on an older version of FM, think Naismith was similar on it one year too actually.

Seems things are fucked for Scottish football, even if Rangers end up going into Div 1 next season a fair few SPL clubs will struggle without the payday they get when Rangers roll into town, if they get sent all the way down to Div 3 as they should then the whole league system could crumble as many SPL clubs struggle with a lower income and the problems filter down the leagues. It would appear a lot of the smaller clubs are looking at things over the long term though and seeing that pushing Rangers all the way down could lead to a complete rebuild in the way the leagues and many clubs are run so that there is a more sustainable structure in place after the almost inevitable meltdown.

Fleck used to be amazing on an older version of FM, think Naismith was similar on it one year too actually.

Seems things are fucked for Scottish football, even if Rangers end up going into Div 1 next season a fair few SPL clubs will struggle without the payday they get when Rangers roll into town, if they get sent all the way down to Div 3 as they should then the whole league system could crumble as many SPL clubs struggle with a lower income and the problems filter down the leagues. It would appear a lot of the smaller clubs are looking at things over the long term though and seeing that pushing Rangers all the way down could lead to a complete rebuild in the way the leagues and many clubs are run so that there is a more sustainable structure in place after the almost inevitable meltdown.

Think you are right, everybody is wondering why it looks like clubs are cutting their own throats by not letting up on Rangers, they know the consequences when they vote. They must be looking at a rebuiling of the league job.

Think they are fucked anyway, a national structure with 40 clubs is too much when you have a population of 5million and two of the clubs are essentially super clubs. I dont think countreis of a similar population size (Norway, Denmark, Slovakia, FInland) have that sort of set up. (Am sure our scandanavian friends can tell us how it compares). I know in Ireland with a population of 4.5m they cant sustain 20 semi professional clubs.

SFL have a lot to answer for over the last 25 years allowing two clubs (driven by sectarianism as well) to essentially become bigger then the association/league.

They need to amalgamate some of the smaller teams. No way a town like Falkirk can support 3 football clubs.

As a stenhousemuir fan, I don't like the sound of that! Realist head on, you are of course correct. It is unsustainable.

They need to amalgamate some of the smaller teams. No way a town like Falkirk can support 3 football clubs.

The fans might not agree, but since when have supporters mattered.

Considering the problems caused by Glasgow Rangers, they are very fortunate to even have the newco affiliation accepted.

Seems like a two horse race, is now down to just one donkey left on the beach.

I can quietly and confidently guess who is winning the Spl.... Club 12!!!

I agree The Newco may aswell join the English leagues and start at the bottom and work there way up. So many have done it so they may aswell try but then there is the problem that they are in scotland

I can quietly and confidently guess who is winning the Spl.... Club 12!!!

I agree The Newco may aswell join the English leagues and start at the bottom and work there way up. So many have done it so they may aswell try but then there is the problem that they are in scotland

The constitution for the English leagues have been done, and unless a club in the pyramid drops out, there is no vacancy.

If the clubs coming out against Rangers being put in Div 1 stick to their word "the Rangers" will be offski to the 3rd. 17 clubs so far have come out and said they don't want Rangers in Div 1

A massive ..V.. to the bribes being put before them.

Back