• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

The SFA and SPL could over-rule the decision yet. They aren't happy at the prospect of them playing in Div 3.

The chairman of Elgin, Annan etc will be dancing naked around their boardrooms later tonight.

The SFA and SPL could over-rule the decision yet. .

and if they do they make a mockery of the whole process. Don't ask the clubs to do your dirty work for you.

The Manager says it's right....The majority of Rangers fans believe it would be the right thing so that should be that.
If the SPL and SFA were that bothered, why did they put it to a vote by the clubs? It was clear the way things would go

I wonder how convincing the vote was...

The Manager says it's right....The majority of Rangers fans believe it would be the right thing so that should be that.
If the SPL and SFA were that bothered, why did they put it to a vote by the clubs? It was clear the way things would go

The SPL and SFA have been cunts throughout the whole process. Didn't have the balls to punish the big club, asked others to do it for them but then all but blackmailed them.

I have been impressed with how Rangers have handled it. One statement when they didn't get the SPL vote and dignified silence since. I guess their statement today will be along the lines of "we start again, we respect the decision given by the clubs and now we start to rebuild this great club"

I wonder how convincing the vote was...

18 clubs had said they were voting for Div 3 before they went in today. So I would say a heft majority.

Only Stenny openly backed the Div 1 move

Vote was 29/30 for Rangers to join SFA
25/30 for them to start in Div 3... Fairly conclusive

"Rangers' future remains uncertain after the Scottish Football League clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season.

"At a meeting at Hampden today, the 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

"It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join.

If Rangers have an ounce of dignity they will tell the SPL where to shove the offer

If Rangers have an ounce of dignity they will tell the SPL where to shove the offer

Not only that but the other clubs should to. Money grabbing w%&?@rs the lot of them.

Indeed.

SPL and SFA didn't have the bottle to handle this situation and do what they wanted. So they ask the clubs to do it, try and blackmail them, when they ignore it they basically threaten to cut the SFL off.

SFL PRESIDENT JIM BALLANTYNE
"We don't have any control over the SPL. And they are entitled to do whatever they wish, within their own rules.

"But it's important to mention that the Division One clubs went out of their way to make it clear that their route regarding a solution involved all 42 teams.

"I think that says a lot for them.

"Other bodies are going to have to look at the decision we've taken and decide what view they are going to take.

"As far as we're concerned, it's crystal clear and it was a massive majority.

"The talk of financial meltdown is scary for everybody but that completely ignores the views of the fans.

"The fans have been vociferous in their view of what this whole situation may bring.

"Every single club would be happy to tell you about the amount of contact they have had from supporters, expressing concern.

"I've never know anything like it in the 10 years I've been involved in football."

"This one particular completely covers every single club and the message coming across from every club is exactly the same, even from Rangers fans themselves: if they had their choice it would be Division Three.

"That reflected the views of First, Second and Third Division clubs.

"You have to consider what the actions of fans may be if sporting integrity is challenged.

"Who has put a price on what will happen if they do not come to watch games?

"Yes, clubs are worried about figures in one direction but there is a huge concern about figures in the other direction.

"It's a very brave decision from the SFL but I'm not surprised."

I am very happy that they are in division 3. New club and should start from the bottom

I am very happy that they are in division 3. New club and should start from the bottom

They might not be though.

SPL are likely to create SPL2, invite Rangers and some others and then close the door to the rest of the SFL.

They might not be though.

SPL are likely to create SPL2, invite Rangers and some others and then close the door to the rest of the SFL.

With any luck the SFL clubs will tell them to do one. You never know, Rangers might just do that...

And if they do that they are lower than snake's bellies. The football league should then invite all of those shut out to join the English pyramid.

Good day for the fans but where the owners are concerned its a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas as it will see more Clubs going bust.

Could Rangers field two teams, one to play the pub sides in Div 3, good enough to gain consecutive promotions. The other to play high profit friendlies against the better sides around the World who are out of their league season.

Back