• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

You can get 1/25 on Celtic winning the league at some bookies.

That's net 4% interest over 9 months. Better than any savings deal at the moment! Get your mortgages on it.

Rangers have amended their earlier statement, with regards to SPL2

"It was mooted last week that plans for an SPL2 would swing into action in the event of today's outcome but it is not known if this will be the case."

If Alex McLeish managed Rangers in div 3 i would back them for relegation..

Charles Green

"We are grateful to be accepted as members of the SFL and accept their decision to vote us into Division 3.

"It is a matter of regret for all of us involved with Rangers that the issues surrounding the club resulted in the SFL and its members being placed in a very difficult position not of their own making.

"From the outset, we made clear we would play where we were told to play and we just want to get back to playing football.

"We have been greatly encouraged by the number of supporters who have committed to buying season tickets no matter where we ended up playing and I personally want to thank them for their continued loyalty to the club.

"We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh."

"Our task to rebuild the club will take longer now but we are committed to the job and fully believe we will bring success back to Rangers. "

"This decision maintains the sporting integrity that clubs and fans across Scotland have been calling for but it also impacts massively on Scottish football as a whole and only time will tell what the consequences will be.

"Rangers has been handed the ultimate punishment of starting again from the bottom of the leagues but there is an overwhelming feeling among fans and within the club of 'wiping the slate clean' as a club free of sanctions.

"The people who brought shame on this great club are no longer part of it and everyone at Rangers is focused on rebuilding the club on top of a solid financial foundation.

"We wish to play a constructive part in Division 3 and encourage our fans to support the other clubs within the league by attending matches and delivering to them the benefits of having Rangers within their league."We have been greatly encouraged by the number of supporters who have committed to buying season tickets no matter where we ended up playing and I personally want to thank them for their continued loyalty to the club.

"We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh."

"Our task to rebuild the club will take longer now but we are committed to the job and fully believe we will bring success back to Rangers. " "

Ally McCoist
I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL.

"Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.

"I fully supported the fans views that starting again in Division 3 maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.

"The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long-term effects of their decisions will be.

"Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of some individuals who previously ran the club and it will take time for us to recover but we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back to Rangers.

"I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the new few days and will be making further comments probably early next week."

Last edited:
They might not be though.

SPL are likely to create SPL2, invite Rangers and some others and then close the door to the rest of the SFL.

That would be the final nail in the scottish football coffin

If Alex McLeish managed Rangers in div 3 i would back them for relegation..

No relegation from division 3

Reading Sarcasm also needs working on I see

This bit of McCoist's statement

"I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the new few days and will be making further comments probably early next week."

Setting himself to walk away?

The big winners are Queens Park who will fill their ground four times next year.

The SFL should abide by the decision of their member clubs. Newco Rangers have accepted it. So let's just get on with football, and with Rangers in Division three. Sadly, I do not think that will happen.

The SFL should abide by the decision of their member clubs. Newco Rangers have accepted it. So let's just get on with football, and with Rangers in Division three. Sadly, I do not think that will happen.

The SFL are abiding by the decision made by its members.

Its the SPL who are having a strop and threatening to cut off the SFL but creating a SPL2 and closing the doors. The SFA in the meantime, agree with the SPL.

The SFL are abiding by the decision made by its members.

Its the SPL who are having a strop and threatening to cut off the SFL but creating a SPL2 and closing the doors. The SFA in the meantime, agree with the SPL.

1st club in the shit is ICT, emergency board meeting, I know I said they would be first but I expected them to make Christmas

Indeed.

SPL and SFA didn't have the bottle to handle this situation and do what they wanted. So they ask the clubs to do it, try and blackmail them, when they ignore it they basically threaten to cut the SFL off.

SPL ran by Neil Doncaster who was chief executive at Norwich in their glory years of going from the Prem to Division 1
SFA President Campbell Ogilvy general secretary at Rangers when the EBT was introduced and presumably as secretary had a say its running, which started the whole mess off.
SFA ran by Stewart Regan who was told in court that his association had managed to break their own rules.

Hardly leaders to fill you with confidence.

1st club in the shit is ICT, emergency board meeting, I know I said they would be first but I expected them to make Christmas

Or they could be saying right now we know what the score is we best sort out our budgets for the future pronto.

First six fixtures: Peterhead, East Sterlingshire, Berwick Rangers, Elgin City, Annan Athletic and Montrose. LMAO. At least they will be able to play a European Tie.

Have they got any first teamers left from old Rangers? Or did they all pretty much bail? Suppose their kids should be enough to get them out of the third division anyway though shouldn't they?

Agreed but reinstating the embargo is at least one punishment too many. And I say that as a man who prefers Celtic from the auld firm.

Back