• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

Agreed but reinstating the embargo is at least one punishment too many. And I say that as a man who prefers Celtic from the auld firm.

Agreed. They have been punished enough. It is now time to allow Rangers to concentrate on football.

The SFL are offering broadcasters all 18 Rangers away games plus 7 home games. Monday is the closing date for bids. Money, Money, Money.

Rumour that the SPL could be going into administration as they can't afford to pay the SFL the £2m they owe them.

Dunfermline can't afford to pay the tax man either.

Good God. When the entire administrative structure of the national game is screwed you really do have a problem. Although for the sake of £2m I daresay the SFA could bail them out quite easily by borrowing against Hampden Park.

Could do I suppose. Not like the SPL is going to be making any money in its own right any time soon. Then they could crack on with restructuring the leagues properly and setting up a pyramid system without all the bickering and horse trading.

It is well beyond time when stubborn heads were banged together. All parties need to negotiate a solution and move on.

In the long run this will be better for Scottish football and it seems thats what lots of the lower division clubs were thinking when they voted to prevent Rangers jumping in at the top.

The whole league set up was fucked and the Old Firm money was just plugging a massive leak in a sinking ship, let the whole thing fall apart and then start from scratch with a model that actually works for the majority of clubs rather than only to two Old Firm clubs.

Theoretically yes. In practice because the Scottish game has been moribund for 20+ years I think the interest outside Glasgow is beyond saving now and they clearly have utter clowns running the show, so it's impossible to see them coming up with a decent solution given their track record.

Everyone in Scotland supports either Rangers or Celtic. I know a grand total of 2 Stirling Albion fans despite having lived ten minutes away from Forthbank for 12 years. I know 3 Falkirk fans, 1 Alloa fan, I've never met a Stenny fan and I'm not entirely sure if there are any Shire fans. Nobody cares about Scottish football any more. It's a sad state of affairs but it's not going to change while there are still fans from shiteholes like Banff and Buckie who would rather watch the OF or the Premier League than support Inverness or Aberdeen.

Rangers season tickets for SFL3 (if we take the leap of faith that they actually get a licence to play any games) will be in the region of £400 for adults. Crazy.

Everyone in Scotland supports either Rangers or Celtic. I know a grand total of 2 Stirling Albion fans despite having lived ten minutes away from Forthbank for 12 years. I know 3 Falkirk fans, 1 Alloa fan, I've never met a Stenny fan and I'm not entirely sure if there are any Shire fans. Nobody cares about Scottish football any more. It's a sad state of affairs but it's not going to change while there are still fans from shiteholes like Banff and Buckie who would rather watch the OF or the Premier League than support Inverness or Aberdeen.

Sorry but this post is just not true. My Mum's family are based in Invernesshire and they are all Caley Thistle fans, with the exception of one or two purists who follow Ross County. To say nobody cares about Scottish Football is just not true, almost every fan in Scotland cares about it, the problem is there are not enough fans of it in Scotland to sustain it. The SFL/SPL needs to do more to attract people to games as the attendances are terrible, League of Ireland games regularly draw better crowds, yet we have a population of 3 million + whereas Scotland has 5million +

Simple fact is that you have two super clubs that attract 45,000 crowds plus even with rangers in division 3 which leaves a very small number for the other 40 clubs. This has been a consistent problem for many years. Your comment that Irish crowds are better than Scottish ones is misleading. Yes they may have a better gate than st mirren or st Johnstone on the odd occasion but the average gate for the whole league will be lower I don't think any Irish sides can draw 45,000 like Celtic still will.
A good proportion of sfl clubs are semi-pro so sustainability is not to much of a problem. Unlike the spl clubs who now have a huge hole to fill without two highly inflated crowds this season with no rangers.
It doesn't matter which way you look at it rangers will still be rangers and will still generate the same support no matter what division there in.
Scottish football was bad before this all happened its gonna get a hell of a lot worse now, which could mean spl clubs go to the wall to.

Sorry but this post is just not true. My Mum's family are based in Invernesshire and they are all Caley Thistle fans, with the exception of one or two purists who follow Ross County. To say nobody cares about Scottish Football is just not true, almost every fan in Scotland cares about it, the problem is there are not enough fans of it in Scotland to sustain it.

Good for that one family. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of football fans in Inverness-shire will support the OF. I doubt Caley got any more than 3 or 4 thousand turning up for a game against someone other than Rangers or Celtic. I know for a fact that they've never sold out The Caledonian Stadium since it was rebuilt and it only holds about 8500. I'd like to see the viewing figures in Scotland for Match of the Day and Sportscene as well, I'd bet that the number of people in Scotland watching Match of the Day far outstrips those watching Sportscene despite Sportscene being on at an earlier time. The average Scottish football fan has completely lost interest in the game.

The SFL/SPL needs to do more to attract people to games as the attendances are terrible, League of Ireland games regularly draw better crowds, yet we have a population of 3 million + whereas Scotland has 5million +

People have been saying that for years but what are they supposed to do? They can't raise the quality of football on offer or make fans turn out for their local teams. Who, apart from a hardcore 300+, are going to go and Watch Cowdenbeath vs Alloa at Central Park when they can sit in a warm pub and watch Celtic play teams like Athletico Madrid or stay at home and watch Arsenal vs Liverpool on Sky?

Sorry but this post is just not true. My Mum's family are based in Invernesshire and they are all Caley Thistle fans, with the exception of one or two purists who follow Ross County. To say nobody cares about Scottish Football is just not true, almost every fan in Scotland cares about it, the problem is there are not enough fans of it in Scotland to sustain it. The SFL/SPL needs to do more to attract people to games as the attendances are terrible, League of Ireland games regularly draw better crowds, yet we have a population of 3 million + whereas Scotland has 5million +

Sorry DDW tour miles out even without the big 2 the attendances for the other SPL teams are much better then Prem league in Ireland, average attendance in LOI last year was just over 1500 whilst even the lowest team in the SPL Hamilton had nearly double that.
But your right their isnt enough population to sustain 40 clubs.

Robbie Savage just offered to play for Rangers free of charge, thinks he can hack it in division 3.

Back