• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

RACE OVER: Wolves finished 7th

No, getting relegated to League One was horrific. I think I'd get over the above scenario within about 2 minutes of full time at Anfield.

This. It will be annoying but if our 1st season back in the Prem ends with 8th Place and an FA Cup Semi Final then nothing about it is horrific (same if we finish 7th and Watford win the Cup)

If we finish 7th but Watford win the FA cup but then either Arsenal or Chelsea finish 5th/6th but win the Europa League - would we still qualify for the Europa league because of Arsenal/Chelsea being in the CL?

If we finish 7th but Watford win the FA cup but then either Arsenal or Chelsea finish 5th/6th but win the Europa League - would we still qualify for the Europa league because of Arsenal/Chelsea being in the CL?

Nope. Someone will explain how it works properly but we don't get an extra European place

No, if Arsenal/Chelsea won the Europa there'd be 5 teams go into the Champions League. The Europa places would stay the same.

If Spurs win the Champions League and Arsenal the Europa, then those two both get CL spots along with City and Liverpool. There would be a fifth CL spot for the team finishing in the top four that wasnt Spurs, which looks likely to be Chelsea. Man United would be in the Europa in fifth or sixth and the second Europa spot would go to 7th or Watford if they win at Wembley

I disagree, anything is possible but lets fucking hope so, if we end up beating fulham and watford lose in the final, only for Leicester to pull off three bullshit wins out of their arse and overtake us its gonna be horrific

You are the master of hyperbole

Can't lose tomorrow. Everton could well get a point at Spurs who are looking tired.

Can't lose tomorrow. Everton could well get a point at Spurs who are looking tired.

Agreed. Let’s get it wrapped up tomorrow. We don’t want to rely on having to get something from Anfield on the final day.

Agreed. Let’s get it wrapped up tomorrow. We don’t want to rely on having to get something from Anfield on the final day.

Nope! If we cannot beat Fulham at home we deserve to finish lower. Go and sort it

Want to finish 7th for the prestige
Want Watford to lose the Cup Final because I'm bitter and twisted
Don't want to make Europe as I think we'll develop more without it
Not going to get at least one of those

If we win tomorrow and Leics. lose to Man City on Monday, then we finish 7th.

Then we will need Man City to win the FA Cup and we are in the Europa next season,

so 'come on citeh'.

Want to finish 7th for the prestige
Want Watford to lose the Cup Final because I'm bitter and twisted
Don't want to make Europe as I think we'll develop more without it
Not going to get at least one of those

Still don't understand this thinking of not wanting Europe. We were in League One 6 years ago, and now we have fans saying we don't want Europe. A lot of the fanbase will have never seen us play in Europe, it's been almost 40 years. Let's finish 7th, cheer on City in the cup final and enjoy a European ride

Still don't understand this thinking of not wanting Europe. We were in League One 6 years ago, and now we have fans saying we don't want Europe. A lot of the fanbase will have never seen us play in Europe, it's been almost 40 years. Let's finish 7th, cheer on City in the cup final and enjoy a European ride

Boom.

My most memorable season was 71/72 when Wolves reached the UEFA Cup Final (and of course why I will always hate Spurs for the rest of my life). Although I didn't see any of the away ties the home games were something quite special (of which I saw them all).

Even in the old Division One, Wolves finished 9th (whereas the season before they finished 4th and the season after they finished 5th) so it was a blip, but even there were some memorable games (beating Arsenal 5-1, beating Man Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford, and, of course beating Leeds 2-1 to deny them winning the League and Double).

The season was simple special - even though it ended in disappointment.

I know a lot has changed since then in the way the game is played and the money involved, but I'd never want to knock back the opportunity of another European adventure.

I never hated Spurs for the UEFA Cup defeat. Instead I hated Martin Chivers

To see Wolves in European competition would be unreal, I wouldn't care if we were playing an Albanian pub team.

It has been an amazing season even without getting 7th and the potential to get into Europe, but as we're so close we should absolutely be going for it.

There were bands of fans saying they didn't want promotion to the Premier League as we'd get beaten every week (tbf, this was under KJ - no-one was saying this last year).

I guess there's just a masochistic streak amongst a certain set of our fanbase. Probably, ironically, the same set who used to bemoan our lack of pashun and ambishun :)

We have £88m to spend on wages next season, I would rather see the remainder spent on 3 or 4 players to make a better PL team than 6 or 7 to make a larger PL/Europa squad.

Nuno's already said Kilman, Ennis and Norris could be part of the first team squad. That's 7 with 3 or 4 signings.

Back