• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Great stuff Daniel. Well worth my meagre donation ;)

I've already sent it to about 10 people I know. Whether they read it or not is another matter as they aren't Wolves fans.

What's happening with Adsense?

I can't work out how to do what they want because when it comes to web design and the like, I'm hopeless. I'll get it sorted though, hopefully in time for the start of the season.

Ok. Let me know if you need any info from our side.
Is it the piece of code that's causing an issue?

Yeah, I can't work out where it's supposed to go.

yep, as from everyone else, great article. you do an invaluable job cutting through the crap.

only comment is on player sales - if FFP is profit based (hence amortisation being important not the fee paid), then on a sale the profit is the sales revenue less the unamortised amount of the original fee paid ;)

Nice read Deutsch. I would've found it even better if you had published one myth at a time.

By the way, shouldn't "let’s say we’ve paid Porto a round £15m for Ruben Neves" be "let’s say we’ve paid Porto around £15m for Ruben Neves"?

No, that's a rounded down to 15m (so a nice round number) rather than the 15.8m we've actually paid.

Ah, I finally see. It to used a round £15m to make the calculations easy not to round down the £15.8m. I'll go back to sleep now.

Great article Dan. Have circulated on Twitter. If we're to get super pedantic, you've used "effect" as a verb when I think you meant "affect" ;)

Great article Dan. Have circulated on Twitter. If we're to get super pedantic, you've used "effect" as a verb when I think you meant "affect" ;)

Ah, the thorny issue of affect and effect! In this case, I have to agree with Banjo and say that "affect" should have been used in this context, meaning "to influence", rather than "effect", which, as a verb, would mean "to bring about, cause or achieve".

That minor point apart, I must compliment Dan on his article; it was well thought out, well researched and written in a way that a layman such as I could easily understand. Excellent stuff!

A question for them what’s more knowledgeable than me. This time last year Newcastle were overwhelming favourites for the division. Assuming we sign a decent striker, how do people think our starting XI compares to the one Newcastle started with against Fulham last year? Sels: Janmaat – Hanley – Lascelles – Dummett: Ritchie - Colback – Hayden – Anita: Gayle - Perez

Back