• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

I think tiredness is definitely an issue right now and that is why the performances have been getting slightly worse in each friendly. As long as the tough double sessions or sessions before a game end after Tuesday i think we will be fine and will benefit from this pre season and be much fitter than we have been recently.

You'd have to believe that the tough sessions will end as they taper for the real competition: work hard now and then keep things ticking over with quality over quantity once the season gets close.

Hadn't considered the factor of the travel as well. Couldn't have been too much time between returning from Austria and playing Shrews.

Hadn't considered the factor of the travel as well. Couldn't have been too much time between returning from Austria and playing Shrews.

It's only a two hour flight. It's a longer drive to Plymouth and that's including travel at either end.

It's only a two hour flight. It's a longer drive to Plymouth and that's including travel at either end.

Air travel affects the body to an exponentially greater degree.

Farting around in airports and flying is surprisingly tiring. I think it's probably a number of factors including fatigue. Hopefully the players will be better for it in the long run.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Farting around in airports and flying is surprisingly tiring. I think it's probably a number of factors including fatigue. Hopefully the players will be better for it in the long run.

Flying on a 2 hour flight back from Central Europe is not going to affect these players. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a chartered aircraft and so no time waiting at airports like the proles we are.

As a person who fly's a fair bit and will regularly do Italy/ Germany and back in a day/ 2 days it really isn't that hard. Especially if you have a fair bit of rest between flying and playing. I mean, how do those playing European competitions cope?

Flying on a 2 hour flight back from Central Europe is not going to affect these players. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a chartered aircraft and so no time waiting at airports like the proles we are.

As a person who fly's a fair bit and will regularly do Italy/ Germany and back in a day/ 2 days it really isn't that hard. Especially if you have a fair bit of rest between flying and playing. I mean, how do those playing European competitions cope?
You must deal with it far better than me then, I'm battered when I fly even relatively short distances. Ireland and back in a day and I'm exhausted let alone when I head over to France or Italy.

Either way I don't think it helps maybe it is just from the double sessions and games close together.

You must deal with it far better than me then, I'm battered when I fly even relatively short distances. Ireland and back in a day and I'm exhausted let alone when I head over to France or Italy.

Either way I don't think it helps maybe it is just from the double sessions and games close together.

You're right everybody will deal with it differently and these are professional athletes who will be used to travelling, especially the a Internationals amongst them. A lot better than an overweight Wolves fan like me.

You're right everybody will deal with it differently and these are professional athletes who will be used to travelling, especially the a Internationals amongst them. A lot better than an overweight Wolves fan like me.
I too must confess to carrying a few too many pounds haha, if I play footy it takes a week to recover now so maybe I shouldn't use myself as a measurement for comparison [emoji23]

It would still create a fitness gap between our lads who have been flying and Shrewsbury who haven't been.

I think we need to be patient with the players who are not only training hard, according to reports, but trying to learn a new way of playing.

Their training games performances have not been encouraging for us fans, but all the players that have spoken so far seem to be impressed with Nuno and his team, while admitting it has been challenging.

It's going to take time for the team to gel, and with injuries, different rates of learning and new additions arriving later than others, it's going to be quite a while for the team to get to an acceptable level for us fans.

Agree with Dino. You can't suddenly add the likes of Neves into the mix and expect the team to become insta-good.

I think the double training sessions would take more toll than a short flight, even if it did have an effect.

I just hope the fans stay with the 'project' - it won't click instantly. We need to give it time.

Boro H
Derby A
Hull A

I wouldn't surprised to see us lose them or end up with 1 point after those first three games. It's going to need some understanding and patience if that happens.

Lycan posted that story about his mate who spoke to Nuno about players taking up to 12 months to fully get how to play his system. Is Nuno even going to get a full 12 months with Fosun if we're languishing in the bottom half come Christmas?

Last edited:
I just hope the fans stay with the 'project' - it won't click instantly. We need to give it time.

They probably will on here,other forums and Facebook doubt it very much,you've seen the comments after two friendly losses,its been said before,the new players are having to settle into a new club,country,way of living,pick up a strange language,how much of a culture shock is Wolverhampton going to be after somewhere like Porto?

Back