• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

The individuals we have should really ensure we're nowhere near the bottom half. That's not too much to expect, surely?

I'm not expecting us to run away with the league or anything daft like that but we've got more than enough quality to expect a challenge. I just don't expect an immediate return as it's a big turnaround in personnel and style.

The first 3 games aside I think we have to aim to be in the top 10 at least towards Christmas to have any chance of automatic promotion, other sides have changed manager and are bringing in new players so we wont be the only ones that need a settling period. Last season Newcastle had some early wobbles then stormed the league, whilst I don't expect us to do that I think we will struggle for the first 3-5 games so any points gained will be a bonus.

Once we have our new signings in and Costa and Marshall return we will have a very strong squad and good competition for places.

Patience is going to be the key, I just hope our fans can understand.

Tim saying that Neves is only out for a few days but Phil has been sidelined for another 4 weeks

Over the years we often don't start badly then we tail off October November before a decent New year. Remember we were top of the premier league for a couple of hours in our relegation season! I think its a good time to play those three. Bora and Derby I would have to finish above us. Hull have been selling the silver so may struggle. I can see us getting four or five points from the first three games. Bora and derby draw , Hull a win. The window will still be open. I would not be surprised if we continued doing business up to the final day. None of those teams will be clogger's. If they try to kick us off the park they will lose players. The Shrewsbury abhoration showed that we can be beaten if we are kicked off the park and if we are out of steam. But there is just as much pressure on those three teams as there is on us. Hence why I think a don't lose mentality could mean draws in the first two games. Over the season though we look like a team that will win and lose games but with three points for a win win 3 lose 2 gets you around 80 points for a season and I would take that.

Tim saying that Neves is only out for a few days but Phil has been sidelined for another 4 weeks

That is better news than I was expecting.

Indications that he could be fit for tomorrow. Unlikely to be risked in that, but would expect him to be involved in some way v Leicester to get a home debut before the real fun starts against Boro

Indications that he could be fit for tomorrow. Unlikely to be risked in that, but would expect him to be involved in some way v Leicester to get a home debut before the real fun starts against Boro

Yes, it makes sense to rest him against Posh. He really does look an exceptional talent.

I'm hoping that even if I were managing this wolves team we'd do quite well simply due to the quality we have in the team.

Are we not playing Peterborough tonight? I've just been trying to find it on Wolves TV and can't.

A senior moment there ... it's Monday today, not Tuesday! :icon_redface:

Looks like you are avoiding the monsoon - that shouldn't arrive until Wednesday. Hope everyone going has a good time.

I wonder if Graham will play tonight. I think he'd be great as one of the front three and I'm worried we are going to let a real talent go to waste. Too talented to just let go.

I agree, I think he's perfect for it. I think he could still just about develop with the minutes he'd get as fourth choice, but it might be worth loaning him out tbh. He's a real talent, proper exciting player

Don't think he has anything to gain from a loan.

Back