• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Not worth loaning him out at all, I agree. He's not a kid really now, like Ennis/bright/Ronan. He should be establishing himself this season. Hopefully it is the knock that has stopped him playing rather than other suggested reasons

My daughter is coming down from the Wirral on Saturday and her other half is from Leicester. I've managed to get a couple of tickets for the game and will treat him (fingers crossed) to a virtuoso display from the new Wolves! The last time he came down for a match was when we played them at home early season 2012. We won 2-1 with goals from SEB and Stears. Konchesky scored a wonder goal from 30 yards for them and someone, I think possibly Waghorn, hit the post for them late on. I saw that again the other day and I think the first person to congratulate him was Ben Marshall!

Uhh bit of an odd lineup for this one...

Ruddy, Doherty, Vinagre, Miranda, Deslandes, Batth, Cavaleiro, Price, Mason, Ronan, Zyro

I think this might be a 4-3-3, with Vinagre and Ronan on the left and right of Price behind a front three of Cavaleiro-Zyro-Mason, but not really sure to be honest.

It'll be Doherty/Vinagre wing-backs, with Deslandes on the left of the back three which is where he came on against Shrewsbury. Not sure why Nuno wants to try him there, we have plenty of CBs and he clearly isn't good enough for a promotion challenge IMO.

Waste of time giving Deslandes a start, the Hause injury is becoming a concern. Not expecting much out of tonight but hopefully some decent performances from the likes of Ronan and Cav

Yep.

-------------------Ruddy----------------

-----Roderick-----Batth-----Deslandes--

Doherty-----Price-------Ronan-----Vinagre

----------Zyro-----Mason----Cavaleiro-------

Jota is on the bench, as is Graham.

I am surprised Mason is playing. I thought he would be offloaded soon.
Playing as we have no one else as daft as that sounds after signing a new team. Should have called a couple of the u23's back from Holland

Yep.

-------------------Ruddy----------------

-----Roderick-----Batth-----Deslandes--

Doherty-----Price-------Ronan-----Vinagre

----------Zyro-----Mason----Cavaleiro-------

Jota is on the bench, as is Graham.

good Graham is on the bench at least, hopefully he will be considered this season

So the new experiment with Deslandes - Covering for Hause in the 3 CB's.

How did he look there on Saturday when he came on?

No no, it's Diego Costa coming for the first half of the season on loan until he's allowed to play in Spain in January.

Playing as we have no one else as daft as that sounds after signing a new team. Should have called a couple of the u23's back from Holland

Thank you. And Dicko being injured it makes it all the more imperative that we sign a striker.

So the new experiment with Deslandes - Covering for Hause in the 3 CB's.

How did he look there on Saturday when he came on?

He looked much better at centre back than he did at lwb

Its good that the weather is good! Pitch looks green and a bit long. Ruddy will get sun stroke! [emoji50]

Didn't we sign Dezzy as a centerhalf?

Back