• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Not surprisingly the Shrewsbury Town Twitter feed thinks there was nothing wrong with there approach today.

I've heard before that refs don't want to send players off in friendlies but I'm with Frank here. If anything, referees should be more strict in friendlies.

Yep - against Arsenal in 1978. They passed him a fucking hanky so he could keep wiping it away to see!

Not too bothered by this. It sounds like Shrewsbury were well up for it and we approached it like any other friendly.

Hopefully Nuno will learn a bit from this game

I think the next game will be completely different.

I've heard before that refs don't want to send players off in friendlies but I'm with Frank here. If anything, referees should be more strict in friendlies.

Pre season games are something I try to avoid. The players think they have licence to get away with things they would not normally get away with. Clubs ask referees not to show cards unless absolutely necessary, and most referees try to do that. But then we see tackles that would not happen in a league game. I have not seen the highlights of the Shrewsbury game, but my guess is it would be another example of players knowing they can get away with things in pre season games.

Would it be feasible to institute a "no slide tackles" rule in friendlies or preseason games?

Would it be feasible to institute a "no slide tackles" rule in friendlies or preseason games?

Not really, the only answer is for referees to treat pre season games the same as league games, but we don't want to do that.

Neves out for a few days according to twitter and a pic with his boot off just some strapping around calf....phew!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reading the reports on here,I wonder if Shrewsbury players had bets on who could crock the talent on show today?

Not really, the only answer is for referees to treat pre season games the same as league games, but we don't want to do that.

Its finding the middle ground isn't it. I guess ref's don't want to be dishing our red cards in friendly's, as they can count in league games if the FA want them to but you certainly don't them have a free for all in challenges. Would you say today was a day for the ref to call the 2 captains and managers together after the first couple of tasty challenges and issued a warning and if ignored dish out cards like a league game?

Just got in and seen the score. Did anyone look particularly good/bad? Also why the fuck would you sign Neves and play him next to Dave Edwards?

It used to be the case I friendlies that a bad challenge would lead to the manager being invited to make a substitute, that doesn't seem to happen now.

Neves out for a few days according to twitter and a pic with his boot off just some strapping around calf....phew!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Just got in and seen the score. Did anyone look particularly good/bad? Also why the $#@! would you sign Neves and play him next to Dave Edwards?

It's been the pretty typical response to a loss, honestly. General opinion that everyone was varying degrees of shit.

From what I saw, Bright is the only one who came out with universal praise (aside from Johnny).

Back