• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Also we should make it public knowledge that we will never play Shrewsbury again preseason as they are a bunch of dirty, kicking fuckwits and I hope every other "big" club in the area that might be tempted to play them tells them to do one

Agree entirely.

They shouldn't just roll over but today was entirely different absolutely no need whatsoever for several of the challenges.

The referee too is culpable because he could have used his discretion and recommended offending players ought to be substituted or something, it would have nipped it in the bud.

Hes not right Quirk but I can understand his point on not being bullied. Somebody should've had a word with the Shrewsbury lads and somebody should've stuck one on Nolan so he didn't do it again. It's about control and we didn't exert any today.

I'm sure we will when it counts and it is only a friendly.

There was absolutely no need for Shrewsbury to play that way though. It doesnt matter how much how players are worth its the integrity of these type of games. Its a friendly ffs not a FA Cup final.

Have to toughen up and expect teams to try and bully us also some referee protection would help.
But ultimately how many times have you heard Arsenal whinge about teams being physical when they've lost.

There was absolutely no need for Shrewsbury to play that way though. It doesnt matter how much how players are worth its the integrity of these type of games. Its a friendly ffs not a FA Cup final.

yeah, agreed

Missed the game today doesn't sound like it went well. I hope Neves is OK, that would be a bitter blow in our weakest area of the pitch.

Shrewsbury were obviously well up for it but kicking us off the park isn't on in a pre season game, bunch of idiots.

As for the result I don't think it matters that much (Benfica lost 5-1 to Arsenal for example)I will look at the Leicester game to gauge how ready we are for Middlesborough.

Did Graham get on at any stage if so how did he do??

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Graham didnt come on because of the tactics Shrewsbury used. No point in throwing a recovering player into a cess pit of cuntness...

Graham didnt come on because of the tactics Shrewsbury used. No point in throwing a recovering player into a cess pit of cuntness...
That is a very good point!

If the Neves injury was severe don't think he'd be walking about with only a leg brace. But I'd be amazed if he starts in two weeks time.

I think it's just a precaution - they do that a lot nowadays to be careful.

Spent fifteen minutes trying to run it off (in which he played two stunning pass) but was clearly bothering him enough to come off. Hopefully he didn't make it worse.

Worst case could be a metertasal which is about 8-10 weeks I think best case it's just a bit of bruising and he'll be back in training next week.
Reality is if you're seriously injured you don't play on for 15 minutes plus I take it he didn't hobble off?

I'm sure Stuart Pearce tried to run off a broken leg once as well

I refereed a pre season game today, and made it clear that any player who committed a bad tackle could expect to be asked to leave the field of play. The first bad tackle of the game would normally have resulted in a yellow card, but I made the player leave the pitch and told his manager he could not return for 15 minutes. And it worked, there was not another bad tackle in the game. I would have thought that is how the referee should have operated at Shrewsbury.

I refereed a pre season game today, and made it clear that any player who committed a bad tackle could expect to be asked to leave the field of play. The first bad tackle of the game would normally have resulted in a yellow card, but I made the player leave the pitch and told his manager he could not return for 15 minutes. And it worked, there was not another bad tackle in the game. I would have thought that is how the referee should have operated at Shrewsbury.

That's using common sense Frank. Obviously the ref today didn't

He let the Shrewsbury players kick lumps out of us from the start, went to award us a penalty that he could clearly see but looked at his lino and didn't blow up and then when Saiss got sick of being lumped all over the pitch and said something to him, he cautioned Saiss! Absolute joke

I'm sure Stuart Pearce tried to run off a broken leg once as well
Right at the end of his career that was West Ham I think, he really was hard!

two words..Terry Butcher..looked like Jason in Friday 13th

Back