• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Doherty jogging back and losing the header for it.

This is an interesting friendly because Jablonec are playing very defensively, and not even on the break. We really stank at going at teams who sat deep like this last year and let us dominate, as opposed to doing the sitting-and-counterattacking - if our home form is to improve on last season, in particular, this is the kind of opposition playstyle we need to be able to find a way to work around.

HT observations:

- Yeah, this formation suits Doherty more and fair play to him for losing a lot of weight (although he should never have got himself in that state in the first place, the fat bastard)...but you still cannot play him and Batth on the same side. One of them maybe. Play the pair and it's a whole channel just begging to be attacked. All their stuff has come down that side.

- Saiss still doesn't impose himself enough on games

- Bright still doesn't have the level of decision making required and isn't a wide right player

- Ruben Neves is quite ridiculous

- Douglas has a quality first touch, very impressive overall

- I like Norris, looks confident and doesn't kick like a flid

- Nouha should have done better with his chance

There will be a plethora of man crushes on Ruben Neves.

If you love football you love Ruben Neves.

Hmmm. First time I've seen us play like this, and the potential is clear. Saiss is disappearing a bit and the two wide front men are not effective enough. The fluidity is there, when we are in possession, but we struggle to win the ball back at the moment. Doc is doing okay, then has lazy moments - he's an okay reserve, but I want better. Douglas is very good, but we'd be screwed if he got injured currently. The back three could almost be anyone as long as they aren't prone to Stearman moments. Norris looks useful but not yet tested properly. Dicko is on form - if he doesn't get injured then he looks back to his best. And Neves...the key to this side - calm and collected, oozing class.

HT observations:

- Yeah, this formation suits Doherty more and fair play to him for losing a lot of weight (although he should never have got himself in that state in the first place, the fat bastard)...but you still cannot play him and Batth on the same side. One of them maybe. Play the pair and it's a whole channel just begging to be attacked. All their stuff has come down that side.

- Saiss still doesn't impose himself enough on games

- Bright still doesn't have the level of decision making required and isn't a wide right player

- Ruben Neves is quite ridiculous

- Douglas has a quality first touch, very impressive overall

- I like Norris, looks confident and doesn't kick like a flid

- Nouha should have done better with his chance

Danny seems to be the most frequently shouted name.

Whilst not being his natural position Ronan in the wide right slot would do better

Just wondering if the "gerrit forward" brigade will soon lose patience with this style. You can see that Baath is always bursting to boot it up the pitch. Impressed with Douglas and Norris seems very calm and unflappable.

Nuno having to instruct Batth where he needs to be still which he wont be able to with a home gate in full voice.

Would be surprised if he's in from the start v Boro

Just wondering if the "gerrit forward" brigade will soon lose patience with this style. You can see that Baath is always bursting to boot it up the pitch. Impressed with Douglas and Norris seems very calm and unflappable.

Yes they will lose patience, i already know the bloke who stands next to me is going to hate us passing it around. It will also wind people up that we aren't playing wide attacking players and they will not understand why Bright/Cav today aren't wide. Nuno at one point shouted at Bright that he was too wide and wanted him inside which is clearly where he wants the 2 attacking players.

Why does Coady keep shouting 30 seconds?

I fully expect the brigade referred to will be a COLOSSAL pain the arse early in the season.

Saiss has been a nonentity so far - would like to see what Ronan can bring there

Joe Hart's calling. He wants his chocolate wrists back, Harry.

Boly should have took that in the face instead of moving his head out of the way.

Back