• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Well i think it's safe to say that Harry will not be playing much, not good enough. Don't think he will ever make it at our level.

Are they way fitter? We're not getting near the ball? The got some Europe qualifiers coming up or something?

This is good. Nuno needs to see what he is working with. Harry has potential but needs to go out and get experience in the lower leagues not ready for 1st team. It's all a bit flat at the moment but Nuno needs to see who can and can't do it. Bright has bags of potential but his final ball is just not there at the moment.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Are they way fitter? We're not getting near the ball? The got some Europe qualifiers coming up or something?

Probably the intensity of the training sessions catching up with them.

Rubbish Deslandes. Golden chance

Deslandes can clearly only use his left foot as he puts it wide from a decent chance - should have used his right as it was always going to go away from the target otherwise

Little bit toothless up top in this particular match. Probably highlights that we are short of a player in the wide right area - along with some competition/alternative to Dicko as the main striker (which we already know about).

Douglas also looked absolutely shattered - I'm not surprised - that's a tough role, up & down the wing constantly - so we definitely require another option there.

Regards Harry, having grown up in Ludlow myself, I want him to succeed - but he looks WAY off a place in the first team squad at the moment.

Ronan is class, miles ahead of Edwards already lovely stuff

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Edwards wont fit into this formation - plus he isn't going to get the sort of service that brought him his goals last season.

Without those he's not going to be contributing enough

Ronan and Miranda look good. Zyro trying, everyone else rubbish

Don't think this formation allows us to break very quickly - or maybe it's just that we're not doing it quite right. But when the opportunity has presented itself to break quickly, we've lacked players in advanced positions and have instead, knocked it back, allowing them to regroup.

Miranda is class. Has to start from what i have seen in these 3 games.

Ronan looking every bit the real deal in this role. Think it's likely to be him playing in the first game just a question of who with as Cav banned, Costa injured, Graham out of favour, Bright not good enough and question marks over Zyro.

Ruddy
Doherty - Batth - Miranda - Boly - Douglas
Neves - Ronan
Zyro - Dicko - Bright​

If I had to guess at our XI on opening day.

Last edited:
Back