• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

Ruddy
Doherty - Batth - Miranda - Boly - Douglas
Neves - Ronan
Zyro - Dicko - Cavaleiro​

If I had to guess at our XI on opening day.

Cav is suspended. So Ronan in for him, probably.

If this is the formation we are going to play then need better cover at wing back - Deslandes & Simpson (I am assuming that its him, but camera on this side of the field & haven't managed to pick up his number) aren't an answer

I really want Bright to break through this season. So obviously talented, seems like he's just an inch away from becoming another Ronan in the team.

Ruddy
Doherty - Batth - Miranda - Boly - Douglas
Neves - Ronan
Zyro - Dicko - Cavaleiro​

If I had to guess at our XI on opening day.

Take Batth out and put Hause in on the left with Boly right or, if not, Bennett in on the right

Take Batth out and put Hause in on the left with Boly right or, if not, Bennett in on the right

I'd prefer Hause but he's not played at all this preseason, has he? Don't think Nuno is the sort to take a player from 0 to 60 like that. Maybe a couple sub appearances for Kortney before he gets starts again.

Ronan looking every bit the real deal in this role. Think it's likely to be him playing in the first game just a question of who with as Cav banned, Costa injured, Graham out of favour, Bright not good enough and question marks over Zyro.

Graham's injured, not necessarily out of favour. I think Ronan will be in the front-left position for the opening game though, even if Cavaleiro looks to have that spot nailed down once his suspension's up.

Front-right is more pressing. Zyro's probably the best fit of the available players, I guess?

Only just seen that Mason was on - don't think I've seen him touch the ball

Finished 0 - 1

Ronan is a joy to watch...could have a future star there.
All you could hear was Coady shouting Connor, Connor, Connor. If I was him I'd tell him to shut the fuck up and let me get on with it.

All you could hear was Coady shouting Connor, Connor, Connor. If I was him I'd tell him to shut the $#@! up and let me get on with it.

Maybe he was lambasting himself?

Graham's injured, not necessarily out of favour.

Rumours are he's out of favour. He's not injured anymore and didnt make the 2 hour flight.

Plus when it's clear that's a position we are really struggling with at the moment you'd think he'd definitely be over there

Graham's injured, not necessarily out of favour. I think Ronan will be in the front-left position for the opening game though, even if Cavaleiro looks to have that spot nailed down once his suspension's up.

Front-right is more pressing. Zyro's probably the best fit of the available players, I guess?

Hang on a second. When I suggest Ronan was a wide player last week, I was told in no uncertain terms that he isn't. Now he is one?

I'm confused.

Rumours are he's out of favour. He's not injured anymore and didnt make the 2 hour flight.

Plus when it's clear that's a position we are really struggling with at the moment you'd think he'd definitely be over there

Got fit, started on Saturday for U23's so possibly too late for him to join up and will be brought in (with Hause) for the English leg of preseason

It's pre-season so no need to read too much into it. You can see what we're trying to do, we're obviously going to go possession heavy, some players can do it, some can't.

Neves, Douglas, Roderick and Ronan were the big standouts, Bright, Burgoyne (AWFUL for the goal having seen it another three times) and Mason really didn't do themselves any favours at all. We know Deslandes and Simpson aren't proper options and Bennett looks as rubbish as I remember him for Norwich, he reminds me a bit of Darren Ward with the way he runs.

I'm impressed with Price, I'd have him next to Neves.

Much more impetus after the changes.

I think our best first XI is pretty good

Ruddy
Miranda Coady Boly
Doherty Neves Price Douglas
Zyro Graham
Dicko

In a 343

Got fit, started on Saturday for U23's so possibly too late for him to join up and will be brought in (with Hause) for the English leg of preseason

But Hause has been out there...

Playing 30 mins today would be more useful than sitting at home.

To be fair, everyone is impressed with Price for a few games, its consistently impressing that's the problem.

To be fair, everyone is impressed with Price for a few games, its consistently impressing that's the problem.

We still need someone else in there I think. Jacko is just way too limited and after a good showing on Saturday Saiss took a step back tonight. So passive sometimes.

I really want Bright to break through this season. So obviously talented, seems like he's just an inch away from becoming another Ronan in the team.

To be fair brights been at that level for a couple of seasons now. I think it was DW who said a loan move might do him good, I think he's right

We still need someone else in there I think. Jacko is just way too limited and after a good showing on Saturday Saiss took a step back tonight. So passive sometimes.

Maybe Saiss has an issue with fitness/stamina?

I think Price is really handy in the engine room, short little passes and always on to receive a pass. It really helps keep us ticking over

Back