• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

I've been out at work,haven't seen any of it,but some of the comments on Facebook were ridiculous,
Neves is overrated and a waste of money!
We haven't got a clue,nuno should go!
Passing all the time,just get it forward
All I can say is,all you that go regularly good luck,going to be strong words said in the stands I'd reckon

We've got some proper fucktards for fans....

It was only a pre season game, but hopefully lessons have been learnt. It would be madness if we did not strengthen up front, and Batth should be nowhere near the starting XI, though he will probably be captain when we entertain Middlesbrough.

Fishing Waggy?

It was only a pre season game, but hopefully lessons have been learnt. It would be madness if we did not strengthen up front, and Batth should be nowhere near the starting XI, though he will probably be captain when we entertain Middlesbrough.

Doubt that he will - Nuno was having to constantly coach him from the sideline & he will no doubt remember that when he comes to pick the team.

It does make you wonder about some fans, though I wonder is some are Baggies fans really. I knew 2 who thought it was hilarious to post comments on the E&S pretending to be Wolves fans, making what they fondly imagined were "typical Wolves fan type remarks". They may be too busy watching re runs of Pulisball games now.

Doubt that he will - Nuno was having to constantly coach him from the sideline & he will no doubt remember that when he comes to pick the team.

Thank you Peter. The reason I mentioned it was because Batth has been captain in our three games over there, but apparently making a simple observation on here leads to unnecessay comments.

Thank you Peter. The reason I mentioned it was because Batth has been captain in our three games over there, but apparently making a simple observation on here leads to unnecessay comments.

To be fair Batth didn't start against Plzen.

He's gone with players who were already here to take the armband so far (Edwards did in that game), I wouldn't read too much into that though. Wayne Rooney was Man Utd's captain at the start of last season, didn't end up playing much.

If we go up and Batth is captain and plays every single minute I will be happy.

I don't think he will and I wouldn't take anything from these 3 games. Nuno will have learnt more watching the 3 games than he did in the training sessions. What happens between now and Boro will start to show where he is with his squad.

On another note. After promising an interview with Timmy II, Nuno has now said after the Shrewsbury game. Tim currently feeling a tad rejected.

As I said this time last week Frank, you don't ditch your captain at this stage of pre season, it causes too much trauma and unnecessary divides. Making Miranda captain now for example is the the quickest route to a 'them and us' split. The Johnson situation tells you how that can go south. If Batth isn't in the side come the start of the season or is sold the situation takes care of itself. If he is in the side then he remains captain, which really is more of a ceremonial position anyway, it's not like someone like Boly or Miranda won't shout and organise if that happens to be one of their strengths just because they don't have the armband.

Edwards has also been captain. So he has stuck with the old guard from last season.

Next 10 days we will know his thinking regarding Captain and I would not be surprised to see Coady get it.

I think the "Gerrit forward" mob get annoyed when we have players who can't really pass the ball trying to retain possession and end up playing their way into trouble and would rather clear the danger.

If we've got players who are comfortable on the ball then hopefully the crowd should respond in the right way

If we go up and Batth is captain and plays every single minute I will be happy.

I don't think he will and I wouldn't take anything from these 3 games. Nuno will have learnt more watching the 3 games than he did in the training sessions. What happens between now and Boro will start to show where he is with his squad.

On another note. After promising an interview with Timmy II, Nuno has now said after the Shrewsbury game. Tim currently feeling a tad rejected.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Shame

As I said this time last week Frank, you don't ditch your captain at this stage of pre season, it causes too much trauma and unnecessary divides. Making Miranda captain now for example is the the quickest route to a 'them and us' split. The Johnson situation tells you how that can go south. If Batth isn't in the side come the start of the season or is sold the situation takes care of itself. If he is in the side then he remains captain, which really is more of a ceremonial position anyway, it's not like someone like Boly or Miranda won't shout and organise if that happens to be their strengths just because they don't have the armband.

But Batth should be nowhere near the starting XI. In my opinion, Batth, Edwards and Doherty will be in our team against Middlesbrough. And given events over the last couple of weeks, that will be surprising to say the least.

2) He doesn't fit into this system, he isn't a wide player and he isn't a main striker

I'd have thought this is exactly the kind of system that would suit him? Not leading the line, not stuck out wide, and with the license to drop deep and use his technique and dribbling skills to make things happen.

I agree that three months or half a season at a lower top half L1 team, where he's good enough to start most games, should do him good.

But Batth should be nowhere near the starting XI. In my opinion, Batth, Edwards and Doherty will be in our team against Middlesbrough. And given events over the last couple of weeks, that will be surprising to say the least.
Doherty will probably play as Phil might not be ready. That is fine as the new formation removes him doing a lot of stuff he is crap at

Edwards I very much doubt. Batth a slim chance.

I don't think Edwards will, unless he uses his special brainwashing powers again. Batth, I'd say is 40/60 against at the moment. Doherty will be, but that'll be more down to Ayeh being injured

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Shame
Sounds like a boy asking out a girl and keeps getting "maybe next week"

Timmy isn't even in the friend zone at the minute.

Too be honest if Nuno has nothing to say at the minute then fair enough!

I'd have thought this is exactly the kind of system that would suit him? Not leading the line, not stuck out wide, and with the license to drop deep and use his technique and dribbling skills to make things happen.

I agree that three months or half a season at a lower top half L1 team, where he's good enough to start most games, should do him good.

They're playing as inside forwards but I'd still say even that isn't Bright's game (not yet anyway). He's a #10 or a second striker, basically nothing else.

RE: the captaincy, it's also nothing like as big a deal in other countries as it is in this one. Really wouldn't read too much into Batth/Edwards having it so far in these three friendlies.

They're playing as inside forwards but I'd still say even that isn't Bright's game (not yet anyway). He's a #10 or a second striker, basically nothing else.

Yep. It's a shame as we've played with a 10 for a few years now, and he looks like he'll one day be perfect for a role we won't be using any more.

Back