• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2017

I haven't really seen anything special from Bright in his limited first team appearances.

To be fair brights been at that level for a couple of seasons now. I think it was DW who said a loan move might do him good, I think he's right

I don't necessarily agree; there's been substantial hype around him but it was only last season that he got a few (sparse) chances in the senior team. He never staked a real claim and agree that a loan could be the best move for him, but IMO he clearly has all the pieces to be very, very good, he just needs to find a way to put it together.

I haven't really seen anything special from Bright in his limited first team appearances.

He's an absurdly comfortable dribbler which is something you can't teach. Obviously that's only one of many parts of being a successful player but it's one of the rarest IMO and he should be nurtured for at least another year before we call time on him.

I'm impressed with Price, I'd have him next to Neves.

Much more impetus after the changes.

I think our best first XI is pretty good

Ruddy
Miranda Coady Boly
Doherty Neves Price Douglas
Zyro Graham
Dicko

In a 343

I think that's what we'll see too. I think we may add a couple for the bench but that side's a pretty decent start.

Our injured players; Ofusu-Ayeh, Costa, Marshall and the suspended Cav would all be in the starting XI or at least on the bench. I would think we are a backup LB, CM and a starting striker away from a top Championship team.

I don't necessarily agree; there's been substantial hype around him but it was only last season that he got a few (sparse) chances in the senior team. He never staked a real claim and agree that a loan could be the best move for him, but IMO he clearly has all the pieces to be very, very good, he just needs to find a way to put it together.

He's an absurdly comfortable dribbler which is something you can't teach. Obviously that's only one of many parts of being a successful player but it's one of the rarest IMO and he should be nurtured for at least another year before we call time on him.

I forgot that he's only 19 - he seems to have been around for ages! A little more composure would do him the world of good, he's got a couple more seasons to learn that. I do think a season at a L1 club would help him immensely

But Hause has been out there...

Playing 30 mins today would be more useful than sitting at home.

Until you know the injury and the recovery programme you don't know whether taking a flight is a good idea.

Two things with him really:

1) For whatever reason his game awareness and decision making in first team games is absolutely miles off. Odd because it doesn't happen when he plays for the U23s. But there's no way you could really carry him at the moment when he basically makes the wrong call 90% of the time

2) He doesn't fit into this system, he isn't a wide player and he isn't a main striker

If we can send him away to get games for six months at L1 level then it would help him a lot. Loans are generally massively overrated but he is one of the relatively rare cases where it would definitely be the right way to go.

No-one is talking about writing him off as far as I can see.

I forgot that he's only 19 - he seems to have been around for ages! A little more composure would do him the world of good, he's got a couple more seasons to learn that. I do think a season at a L1 club would help him immensely

Indeed. So bizarre to think he's 6 years younger than I am, and in a completely foreign country, to boot.

He spent the summer in Nigeria and posted a bunch on instagram while he was there; it's clear that his closest family and friends are still there so I can't even imagine the extra layer of stress that must put on him.

Two things with him really:

1) For whatever reason his game awareness and decision making in first team games is absolutely miles off. Odd because it doesn't happen when he plays for the U23s. But there's no way you could really carry him at the moment when he basically makes the wrong call 90% of the time

2) He doesn't fit into this system, he isn't a wide player and he isn't a main striker

If we can send him away to get games for six months at L1 level then it would help him a lot. Loans are generally massively overrated but he is one of the relatively rare cases where it would definitely be the right way to go.

No-one is talking about writing him off as far as I can see.

He's very similar in style to Victor Moses when he broke through. Had all the pace power and close control you could want and looked massively overmatched for the younger age group/ reserves.

But he had pretty poor decision making and match awareness. Bright is the same.

Hang on a second. When I suggest Ronan was a wide player last week, I was told in no uncertain terms that he isn't. Now he is one?

I'm confused.
Well firstly that position is inside forward hence why Graham isn't in favour. Ronan has good feet and a cracking range of passing but he's not going to carry the ball as well as a winger or inside forward. If it's the only way to get him in then fair enough he's a better option there than Bright at the moment IMO. His future is in CM and I think him and Neves would be an awesome pairing from what I have seen so far.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Few things from today. Firstly Neves just oozes class can't wait to see more of him, similar with Roderick he's better on the ball than most of our midfielders lol. I think Nuno will see from this that some aka Batth and Edwards in particular just aren't up to it (leaving Doc out of that for the moment as he looks better as a wing back) I think only against Leicester will we see our strongest team and I don't think Eddo or Batth will be in the team. We desperately need a holding striker, someone with intelligence to hold the ball and distribute when we don't have numbers up top.

Today's game is a blessing they sat back and we couldn't break them down, sounds familiar. I also question the Neves and Saiss pairing, we need more creativity from whoever plays alongside Neves.

If Coady is now considered a centre half, surely he'd be a better option than Batth as the one on the right given he played the second half of last season at right back? They'll be points when the guy in that position will find himself one on one with a winger, I know out of him Batth and Bennett who I'd prefer to see with that challenge

If Coady is now considered a centre half, surely he'd be a better option than Batth as the one on the right given he played the second half of last season at right back? They'll be points when the guy in that position will find himself one on one with a winger, I know out of him Batth and Bennett who I'd prefer to see with that challenge

Strange that he's played in the centre then - from what I have managed to see Miranda should take that spot without question

Yep, agreed.

Mentioned it earlier but I really don't like Bennett. Never rated him and he's so cumbersome, both in terms of pace and how he looks on the ball. Actually worse than Danny I would say.

As Peter says would like Rodders in the centre with the way he brings the ball out.

Few things from today. Firstly Neves just oozes class can't wait to see more of him, similar with Roderick he's better on the ball than most of our midfielders lol. I think Nuno will see from this that some aka Batth and Edwards in particular just aren't up to it (leaving Doc out of that for the moment as he looks better as a wing back) I think only against Leicester will we see our strongest team and I don't think Eddo or Batth will be in the team. We desperately need a holding striker, someone with intelligence to hold the ball and distribute when we don't have numbers up top.

Today's game is a blessing they sat back and we couldn't break them down, sounds familiar. I also question the Neves and Saiss pairing, we need more creativity from whoever plays alongside Neves.

Ronan or price for me, Ronan is quality

Rodders Coady Boly

That's how I'd set up if we were playing Boro tomorrow.

Yet to see how Kortney Hause fits into this defence though.

Have to say really impressed with Ronan now I've actually seen him a few times. He's really good, already. Bright on the other hand, not so sure. I feel like he has good link up in him but he's way too hit and miss with everything, today mostly miss (missed first bit). Needs to get confidence and bring out more asap.

I've been out at work,haven't seen any of it,but some of the comments on Facebook were ridiculous,
Neves is overrated and a waste of money!
We haven't got a clue,nuno should go!
Passing all the time,just get it forward
All I can say is,all you that go regularly good luck,going to be strong words said in the stands I'd reckon

It was only a pre season game, but hopefully lessons have been learnt. It would be madness if we did not strengthen up front, and Batth should be nowhere near the starting XI, though he will probably be captain when we entertain Middlesbrough.

Back