• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE (H) 6/5/17 build up + match thread

As far as panic buys go he wasn't the worst. Agree he should go though.

I disagree, there's no mitigation for it. We knew exactly what he was like, he then went on to be shite for Fulham, we should have known that his one asset of pace on the turn had gone so you're just left with this faux-pashun crap and the same old rickety marking and comical errors.

If you'd picked some bog standard L1 centre half at least there'd be a chance it might work out, however small. We knew Stearman wasn't good enough.

Another poxy Player of the Year winner too, how the hell did he win it in 2014/15 ahead of any of our front three?! :icon_lol: Our fans sometimes, honestly.

Really don't care who they play in this apart from any U23's who must be held back for the only important game.

They can play Thelwell, Dalrymple & Jeff Shi for all that it matters.

Am coming up for the U23 game, but not for this!!!!!

Burgoyne

Iorfa Batth Hause Silvio

Evans Saiss

Weimann Edwards Marshall

Dicko

A shit team but I don't want to see Coady/Sav/Doc at full back and anyone eligible for the U23's should be involved in the only important Wolves game this weekend. Silvio needs another 90 minutes as well. Lets see if he's ready.

i would go with that but NO goalie and maybe Price in for Evans/Saiss...

I disagree, there's no mitigation for it. We knew exactly what he was like, he then went on to be shite for Fulham, we should have known that his one asset of pace on the turn had gone so you're just left with this faux-pashun crap and the same old rickety marking and comical errors.

If you'd picked some bog standard L1 centre half at least there'd be a chance it might work out, however small. We knew Stearman wasn't good enough.

Another poxy Player of the Year winner too, how the hell did he win it in 2014/15 ahead of any of our front three?! :icon_lol: Our fans sometimes, honestly.

We'd clearly tried to sign 4 or 5 centre backs before we settled for Stears. It got to a point where we just needed a body, he was available, he wanted to come and he was free(ish).

I don't disagree with your assessment of his 'abilities' but I understand why we signed him.

Took the plunge and bought a season ticket and they're flogging tickets for Sunday BOGOF for new customers so still deciding whether I can be arsed or not, knowing it's probably going to be grim viewing and we'll probably finish the season with a limp 1-2 defeat to cap off another wank season and wank home form to boot is always enticing though.

I'd love the under 23's to get a good gate for their game. I'm more tempted by that as it stands.

A farewell from Costa maybe? He might be on the bench for 10 minutes at the end

Lonergan and Doherty back in training. Ikeme and Costa ruled out

It's been nice seeing you, Helder.

Great news for the drinkers of the forum....Wolves are reducing bottles of Carling to £2.50 for the game. If that doesn't get in you in the grund at 11am, nothing will.....

Britain's best loved beverage apparently...

Well as I'm on nights and will be sleeping at game time I thought I'd give my opinions on build up, match thread and verdict...

State of that team!
God we're terrible!
I'm glad this season is over, time for a huge shake-up

I'm happy I've contributed :icon_wink:

Let's have a side bet. We won't see any of the following in a wolves shirt again

Williamson
Silvio
Costa
Saville
Stearman
Lonergan

Let's see how many are here come first August

Well as I'm on nights and will be sleeping at game time I thought I'd give my opinions on build up, match thread and verdict...

State of that team!
God we're terrible!
I'm glad this season is over, time for a huge shake-up

I'm happy I've contributed :icon_wink:

#postoftheyearsofar

So today brings down the curtain on a rather disappointing season. Hopefully the team can at least send the fans home with a good performance and three points. Then the real work begins, as another overhaul of the team is required. Though personally if I was Fosun I would start by replacing Thelwell and Lambert, but I doubt that will happen, so the supporters can probably expect more of the same next season.

Thelwell yes, Frank, but it would be silly to judge next season until we have seen who Lambert retains to form the basis of his 23 man squad for next year. Also, we need to see what Lambert asks for and gets in terms of beefing up the coaching set up. Along with Thelwell, Mountain, Rob Edwards and Tony Daley can do one straight away in my view. But to suggest throwing Lambert out as well now after several months of work and what would seem to be a free hand for next year is premature.

Lambert has said publicly that the club needs a shake up and not just the players, I take from that there will be some coaching & structural changes. I think Thelwell will go, Lambert has said he knows who he wants so I don't see what KT can contribute.

As for today, like others I am glad its nearly over. I think back to some of our predictions pre-season and smile, we really thought we would be up there with the players we were bringing in. I think today will be a non-event who really cares for either side?

................Burgoyne..................
Iorfa......Batth......Hause.....Silvio
............Evans.....Saiss...............
...................MGW.....................
Marshall......Wiemann......Graham.

the front 4 if you look at it isn't bad at all, but there is a serious lack of form, ability and confidence elsewhere. I suspect Dicko will start over Weimann but thats what I would pick knowing that some will be leaving and its pointless to play them.

An Alternative might be, thinking ahead to next season where 1 up front at home just wont cut the mustard....

................Burgoyne..................
Iorfa......Batth......Hause.....Silvio
Marshall...Evans.....Saiss.....Graham
.....Weimann/Dicko........Bod..........

Then think to next season and imagine Bod is replaced by Martin, Costa stays and a few new signings.

................New GK..................
Marshall......New CB......Hause.....New LB
Costa......New CM.....Saiss...........Graham
.....Weimann/Dicko........Martin...............

I think Marshall on the wing away from home is not so bad, but as an attacking fullback at home with Costa (dare to dream hes still here) we should rip teams to bits down that flank. I am not sure Saiss will be here, long as its not Edwards I dont care.

46fba1016ba472857e15f7510f838e02.jpg

Team for today, although Spiers saying it'll be a back 3 which I assume with be Saiss doing his quarterback impression, Coady and Edwards in midfield together and Silvio and Graham as wing backs. What's not to love?
6f7366c5b37090dbaecc43ce58829b90.jpg

Back