• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New Kit Thread - slag off what you want in here

My favourite Wolves away kit is still the white and teal Puma/Goodyear one.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Those images doing the rounds are awful hope its not like that, too much black on it

Black Sleeves Don't Matter!

Those pictures are on the Footy Headlines website who are apparently always accurate with their posts. It seems pretty likely that is our new kit.

I'm hoping for a white away kit with black and gold trim.

Those pictures are on the Footy Headlines website who are apparently always accurate with their posts. It seems pretty likely that is our new kit.

I'm hoping for a white away kit with black and gold trim.

giphy.gif

I always go by the rule of thumb that if Langers likes it, it's terrible.

Genuinely looks like a Sunday league shirt. For what it's worth, this seasons shirt is so much nicer and classier. I'm just delighted I got the black away Asia trophy shirt with the Fosun sponsor. The nicest Wolves shirt in years, that one. (plus we've never lost a game when I've worn it!)

Why oh why can't Fosun sponsor us. That version was soooooo much nicer!

Already up for sale on the Chinese sellers site

To be fair clubs do often commission numerous designs and they actually get produced (not in huge numbers). I had a mate who used to be able to get the "reject" ones, this being 20+ years ago there probably wasn't the market for iffy (but obviously rare) shirts that the clubs didn't want but you'd clean up now.

I always go by the rule of thumb that if Langers likes it, it's terrible.

:icon_lol: Fuck you, funny man.

But seriously - it's not exactly amazing by any stretch of the imagination but it's really not that bad. It isn't garish, it isn't outlandish, it's a pretty standard looking Adidas design. I've never understood why kits evoke such ridiculous overreactions from people.

:icon_lol: Fuck you, funny man.

But seriously - it's not exactly amazing by any stretch of the imagination but it's really not that bad. It isn't garish, it isn't outlandish, it's a pretty standard looking Adidas design. I've never understood why kits evoke such ridiculous overreactions from people.

I think the black sleeves ARE pretty outlandish? We've had them twice (?) in our history i think? And of course it is going to evoke reaction, it is what our team are wearing when we watch them we want it look good?

Aye, I mean we were a shit team anyway but watching us rock up in this was the rabbit shit cherry on top of the dogshit cake.

3b0912939f4a2d6063c61f9c397b83a5.jpg

It's a pity that they've never looked at going all gold with black trim, given how often they have introduced more black, why not introduce more gold? That hasn't happened since the 60s.

Don't mind gold shorts for the odd away game. Would not want that as our main kit though.

I feel that way about the black socks, just looks Sunday league. :icon_biggrin:

I think the black sleeves ARE pretty outlandish? We've had them twice (?) in our history i think? And of course it is going to evoke reaction, it is what our team are wearing when we watch them we want it look good?

We had black sleeves fairly recently, but I'd hardly call it hugely controversial. I'd rather we didn't have black sleeves but it's no deal breaker. I do remember some folks having an issue with it - each to their own.

That shirt DW posted is fucking awful, I'd agree. There's nothing good about it - the quality was appalling. I don't think this current rumoured shirt is anything like as bad as that, fortunately.

I had a mate who used to be able to get the "reject" ones, this being 20+ years ago there probably wasn't the market for iffy (but obviously rare) shirts that the clubs didn't want but you'd clean up now.
I see some of the prices shirts go for on eBay and think I must be sitting on a goldmine with some of the ones I've got at the bottom of my wardrobe.

We had black sleeves fairly recently, but I'd hardly call it hugely controversial. I'd rather we didn't have black sleeves but it's no deal breaker. I do remember some folks having an issue with it - each to their own.

That shirt DW posted is fucking awful, I'd agree. There's nothing good about it - the quality was appalling. I don't think this current rumoured shirt is anything like as bad as that, fortunately.

Yeah 14/15 and 96-98, that's it - in 143 years, that's quite unusual isn't it? And no NOTHING is a deal breaker, i'm not going to stop supporting them if the kit is shit, but shit for me is when we have black socks and/or black sleeves.

It is unusual for us to have black sleeves, but I've always liked it when we do- looks smart. Puts this supposed kit above this season's, for me.

As long as it's not made out of spray-painted napkins like the Burrda/SportingBet one above, I'm not likely to moan too much.

Fans just want something simple and classy looking. Not different coloured panels and patterned print, or weird trim. Stick to simple colours, that relate to the club.

Aye, I mean we were a shit team anyway but watching us rock up in this was the rabbit shit cherry on top of the dogshit cake.

3b0912939f4a2d6063c61f9c397b83a5.jpg

Not the best by a long chalk but I do like that polo shirt style of collar. Makes it much easier for fans to wear.

Back