• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticketing Question - Not asking for you to sell me tickets

We're making a proper trip of this. We're going to Ireland, Scotland, London, etc.. This is going to be about 12 days over there. We want to see the country, the history, and take in some football. We haven't planned out the sequencing yet, but we want this to be a good time there.
Ok, probably only time for 5 places max
London
Edinburgh
Lake District
Dublin
Wolverhampton / Wider West Mids area

Would be my recommendation

Hey @Orlandomagic2525 - just reread the thread and given it some thought. Rereading my post #20 on this thread it does seem like we were in the ground just after 12:00 for a 3pm kick off. I also seem to remember they only send you details by post some time after you’ve purchased the ticket. So the following might help - but this was two years ago and so anything / everything might have changed:
- Macots and families are allocated seats in WL4 next to the tunnel. Don’t think there are any options for changing this.Good view from right in the middle of the main stand and close to the home bench. Kids can easily run off the pitch after team presentations. Good location for hurling abuse at Steve Cooper which was an added plus for my daughter.
- They should be in touch with you quick to get your sons size for his full kit which will arrive in advance. This afforded me an exciting couple of months trying to prevent my two from getting ketchup down the front of it.
- Club are, as you’d expect, superb at looking after the kids.
- Schedule was something like:
> Lunch for all mascots and family in a big hospitality suite on arrival (it’s England - plenty of people still eat lunch at what the Spanish would consider breakfast time). Loads of freebies floating around. We were in the Bert Williams suite which allowed my ancient Dad to find people in team photos he’d played cricket with (George Hardwick - Boro and England).
> Mascots then off to meet the team on arrival and get photos and autographs.
> Then all the families down to pitch side for photos in dug outs and tunnel etc (you get all these sent through to download afterwards).
> Mascots then do some ‘skills sessions’ with the coaches on the side of the pitch for 20 mins or so.
> Mascot walk around the pitch.
> Down to the tunnel to line up and accompany players on to the pitch. Again, chance for the bolder to give the officials some grief before a ball has been kicked.

Of course - club fan engagement strategy has changed a bit since then so it might now look like:
> Arrive 06:00 to enjoy a packed lunch in the car park (bring your own).
> 06:05 - 10:00. Chance to get hands on and do some adventure play by painting the roof. Bring your own paint and a head for heights.
> 10:00 - 12:00. Visit the new Sudu textile mills and experience some child labour by unblocking the looms. Don’t fancy it? There’s a waiting list of urchins desperate to get in there so suck it up.
> Finally off to the hospitality suite… to wait on the fans of the opposition we’ve sold the tickets to. Given its Bournemouth it’s sure to be busy with their supporter groups from Monte Carlo.
> 14:55 - boots on for 90 mins pal, that US market is ours at last!!!

Apologies, I’ve spent a lot of time in the sun this week supporting my other lost cause in life. Anyway, the first bit might be useful. You’re going to have an amazing day if it was even half as good as ours - the people at the club genuinely do a superb job.
Thank you so much for all of this information. It is really, really helpful as we attempt to plan our trip (and more importantly our day at Molineux.) Our plan would be to get over to the area of the stadium early to take in some of the match day atmosphere, understanding that we will need to be in Molineux early. Also, thank you for sharing the information about the downloadable pictures. That was the first thing that my wife asked...How are we going to get pictures to remember this day.

You've sparked one additional question... what did your daughters get their autographs on? My son was thinking about a ball, but that is going to be a bear to get through the airport on the flight home.

We're making a proper trip of this. We're going to Ireland, Scotland, London, etc.. This is going to be about 12 days over there. We want to see the country, the history, and take in some football. We haven't planned out the sequencing yet, but we want this to be a good time there.
I guess it's all the time you've got but to see some football and London, Scotland and Ireland, yome gunna be knackered.
Hope you have a great time.

I guess it's all the time you've got but to see some football and London, Scotland and Ireland, yome gunna be knackered.
Hope you have a great time.
Unfortunately, we have to get them back for school. We are planning to run ourselves ragged. The only thing that is a "for sure" is Molineux, as the mascot package has already been secured. The rest is a best case scenario, and we will obviously have to edit down.

Unfortunately, we have to get them back for school. We are planning to run ourselves ragged. The only thing that is a "for sure" is Molineux, as the mascot package has already been secured. The rest is a best case scenario, and we will obviously have to edit down.
Good planning is required, as TT said London, Dublin, Edinburgh are excellent. If you can get to one of the 'pretty' areas like Lake Distict also.
Know what you want to see in London, there's a lot of stuff, don't try and see all of it.

Good planning is required, as TT said London, Dublin, Edinburgh are excellent. If you can get to one of the 'pretty' areas like Lake Distict also.
Know what you want to see in London, there's a lot of stuff, don't try and see all of it.
London, Dublin, Edinburgh are the main points of focus. We already started out research about the "must see" things last night. There more "must sees" than there is time available!!

Ok, probably only time for 5 places max
London
Edinburgh
Lake District
Dublin
Wolverhampton / Wider West Mids area

Would be my recommendation
London, Dublin, Edinburgh are all the cities of focus. With tickets, Wolverhampton is set in stone. We'd love to get to the Lake District. It's definitely on the list. So much to do, and so little time (comparatively.)

One of my favourites is the Tower of London, if you go try and get on one of the tours lead by a Yeoman Warder (Beefeater), theyre usually informative and humorous.

One of my favourites is the Tower of London, if you go try and get on one of the tours lead by a Yeoman Warder (Beefeater), theyre usually informative and humorous.
I can recommend this too. As a family we loved it.

@Orlandomagic2525 You can stay in Tower Hill, lots of decent hotels and you are right by the tower (funnily enough) and the Thames. A London tour bus is a must as is the London Eye.

Edinburgh by train is fairly quick from London and if you don't mind, get the sleeper train as it's a bit more fun. Edinburgh is ace, loads to see and do.

If you have time and you can get to the Highlands (which is a good train ride) then try to get a ticket for the Harry Potter train which is beautiful and also see Loch Ness which is very odd but beautiful in its own right.

Flying to Dublin from Edinburgh is easy and cheap enough but I've not been to Dublin so I wouldn't know what to visit.

London, Dublin, Edinburgh are all the cities of focus. With tickets, Wolverhampton is set in stone. We'd love to get to the Lake District. It's definitely on the list. So much to do, and so little time (comparatively.)
Edinburgh is a beautiful city, you'll absolutely love it. It's impossible not to fall in love with it.

I was raised not far from Edinburgh, if you need any ideas of what to do while you're there let me know.

There is a very pleasant Spoons in Edinburgh, a converted cinema set on 3 or 4 levels

Probably is alright but there would be literally 100 better pubs in Edinburgh.

Just tickles me that it was Bear's 'must do' in the UK! Would be like Orlando saying to any of us that we simply must visit Taco Bell while we're over.

Actually the food in Taco Bell would be way better than Wetherspoons' microwaved slop. It's cheap and still not worth the money.

Thank you so much for all of this information. It is really, really helpful as we attempt to plan our trip (and more importantly our day at Molineux.) Our plan would be to get over to the area of the stadium early to take in some of the match day atmosphere, understanding that we will need to be in Molineux early. Also, thank you for sharing the information about the downloadable pictures. That was the first thing that my wife asked...How are we going to get pictures to remember this day.

You've sparked one additional question... what did your daughters get their autographs on? My son was thinking about a ball, but that is going to be a bear to get through the airport on the flight home.
On the autograph front they both got an autograph book on the day along with umpteen pens - though I suspect you’d be alright smuggling your own item TBH.

Just tickles me that it was Bear's 'must do' in the UK! Would be like Orlando saying to any of us that we simply must visit Taco Bell while we're over.

Actually the food in Taco Bell would be way better than Wetherspoons' microwaved slop. It's cheap and still not worth the money.
Please, only eat at a Taco Bell if someone literally force you to, and then only under protest.

I didn't say it was a must do! I said it was a unique UK experience.

Back