• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticketing Question - Not asking for you to sell me tickets

You'll be ok with your lad in a pub but everywhere gets very, very, very busy in town.

What sort of place would you be after?
Ok, this is a dumb answer, but we want the "real" experience. To give you (probably) the most American answer ever; we watch Welcome to Wrexham, and the kids thought that the experience at The Turf looked amazing. We're also OK with crowds... we've been in very busy bars before Brewer playoff games and Packer games. So, the crowds aren't really a deterrent for us. Plus, I assume we will have to be at the stadium early for the "stuff" the mascot kids do...

For example, in Wisconsin where we are from, kids can be in the bars. So, we have a pre-game tradition of going to the bars, eating lunch, etc.. before games. Is that legal in England?)
You can send the kids to get a round in here or use them to approach strangers to see if they are the people their Dad chats to on the Internet.

1 of those facts is true and has happened btw...

Taking your kid in the pubs in Wolvo will be fine btw

So, thank you all again for the information and advice, especially the Mascot packages. So... I got up at 2:45am (in the states), and purchased the Nov. 30th mascot package for my son. (His birthday is only a couple of days earlier.) We are super excited to travel to England and Molineux later this year. This may be the dumbest question anyone has ever asked, but... Is there anything that we should "know" before we come? We attend tons of sports events in the US, but I am sure there are some differences in the U.K. (For example, in Wisconsin where we are from, kids can be in the bars. So, we have a pre-game tradition of going to the bars, eating lunch, etc.. before games. Is that legal in England?)
@darlowolf64 and @Mel Evo will be better to ask but I’d imagine that as your lad is a mascot you’ll have to be there early.

Ok, this is a dumb answer, but we want the "real" experience. To give you (probably) the most American answer ever; we watch Welcome to Wrexham, and the kids thought that the experience at The Turf looked amazing. We're also OK with crowds... we've been in very busy bars before Brewer playoff games and Packer games. So, the crowds aren't really a deterrent for us. Plus, I assume we will have to be at the stadium early for the "stuff" the mascot kids do...
To be honest people singing in pubs gets really, really old really, really quickly. I wouldn't bother seeking that out if I were you.

Seem to remember needing to be at the ground about 3 hours before kick off - maybe 2.5 hours…
I’ve seen them going in around an hour before I think.

And don't forget wolves are playing in the states this summer.
Not the same as a trip to molineux, but might be a nice addition for the lad, bit of a warm up so to speak.

If you want to get food and go to a pub in plenty of time before the game then Wetherspoons is probably your best bet. Going in one of those chain pubs is a proper UK experience. The food is decent and reasonably priced and they have a large selection of beer and soft drinks.

I assure you, the good blokes here have dealt with (at least) one American dumber than you!

Ah ok. Most are generally ok, not that I go in them if I can help it.
Reasonable ones do exist (we found a nice one in Harrow before the Watford semi-final....was like being in someone's living room) but the Moon Under Water is so, so bad. I genuinely don't think it's been cleaned in 20 years.

I’m all for people having the proper experience but The Moon is worse than Maghees.

If you want to get food and go to a pub in plenty of time before the game then Wetherspoons is probably your best bet. Going in one of those chain pubs is a proper UK experience. The food is decent and reasonably priced and they have a large selection of beer and soft drinks.
@Orlandomagic2525

Do not do this, this man has never been in that pub, if he had been he would never suggest this.

It's a shit hole.

There's lots of good pubs and it kind of depends where you're staying and how you will be getting to the ground.

There are some really good bars where you and your child can go and get a decent bite to eat and enjoy the atmosphere. If we are playing well the place will be buzzing. The two I'd recommend.

1) The Hogshead is decent but can be a nightmare queuing.
2) The Royal London is the same as the Hogs.

And don't forget wolves are playing in the states this summer.
Not the same as a trip to molineux, but might be a nice addition for the lad, bit of a warm up so to speak.
I know, unfortunately, I am traveling for work, and cannot make either of the games in Maryland or Florida work with our schedule. Going to a home game is a way better trip, as well.

@Orlandomagic2525

Do not do this, this man has never been in that pub, if he had been he would never suggest this.

It's a shit hole.

There's lots of good pubs and it kind of depends where you're staying and how you will be getting to the ground.

There are some really good bars where you and your child can go and get a decent bite to eat and enjoy the atmosphere. If we are playing well the place will be buzzing. The two I'd recommend.

1) The Hogshead is decent but can be a nightmare queuing.
2) The Royal London is the same as the Hogs.
Thank you!

I know, unfortunately, I am traveling for work, and cannot make either of the games in Maryland or Florida work with our schedule. Going to a home game is a way better trip, as well.
Jacksonville is more than likely going to be fucking miserable out. Annapolis might not be much better but it would be pretty surreal to see Wolves in that stadium.

Also, Jesus Christ, EverBank wants to charge over $200 for any half-decent seats. Fuck that.

Thank you
Just remember when booking your flights and hotels the game could be anytime from Friday night to Monday night. It's unlikely to be moved as it's a pretty unglamorous game, but you won't know until about 6 weeks beforehand. Think of it like NFL flexing

Back