• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticketing Question - Not asking for you to sell me tickets

If you want the best matchday experience, then the South bank is the liveliest, as they all stand up in that stand and most of the singing comes from that stand. But it does depend how the game is going. If we score its really good. As he is 11 or 12, standing probably not best option because adult in front may block his view.

English atmospheres can vary from excellent to naff, depending on the game. Games against the smaller clubs can be worse especially if losing, whereas they are usually better against the big clubs, but sometimes if being outclassed it can be a disappointing day.

Expect fantastic to poor, its just the way English football is these days, with all seater stadiums.

You will probably get seats in the poshest stand, the Billy Wright side stand, if you have booked a mascot day. Its so difficult to get the whole feel in one day to be honest, I guess the most important thing is to see the game and enjoy a good view. So that stand will be fine.

Really hope its a good day for him and you.

Last edited:
Jacksonville is more than likely going to be fucking miserable out. Annapolis might not be much better but it would be pretty surreal to see Wolves in that stadium.

Also, Jesus Christ, EverBank wants to charge over $200 for any half-decent seats. Fuck that.
We thought the same thing about the ticket prices in Jax...absolutely insane. Plus, Jax isn't really a great place to visit (I can say that as someone who lived for 5 years in Florida.)

If you want the best matchday experience, then the South bank is the liveliest, as they all stand up in that stand and most of the singing comes from that stand. But it does depend how the game is going. If we score its really good. As he is 11 or 12, standing probably not best option because adult in front may block his view.

English atmospheres can vary from excellent to naff, depending on the game. Games against the smaller clubs can be worse especially if losing, whereas they are usually better against the big clubs, but sometimes if being outclassed it can be a disappoint day.

Expect fantastic to poor, its just the way English football is these days, with all seater stadiums.

You will probably get seats in the poshest stand, the Billy Wright side stand, if you have booked a mascot day. Its so difficult to get the whole feel in one day to be honest, I guess the most important thing is to see the game and enjoy a good view. So that stand will be fine.

Really hope its a good day for him and you.
Thank you! And, I have no idea what stand we will be in. I am sure we will miss a portion of the game as we make our way to wherever our seats are from the pre-game "festivities." We're truly excited, our first time in England, and he is getting to take in a home game. The kid is truly obsessed...phone case, beach towel, full kit, pendant in his room, a blanket on his bed...just to name a few things.

Regardless of opponent (and Bournemouth would not have been in my top 12-15), we are excited to take in a game at Molineux.

We thought the same thing about the ticket prices in Jax...absolutely insane. Plus, Jax isn't really a great place to visit (I can say that as someone who lived for 5 years in Florida.)
Lived there 6 years (Fernandina Beach, really); you won't find me arguing. Was very ready to get out of there by the time I did.

Jacksonville is more than likely going to be fucking miserable out. Annapolis might not be much better but it would be pretty surreal to see Wolves in that stadium.

Also, Jesus Christ, EverBank wants to charge over $200 for any half-decent seats. Fuck that.
Miserable because of weather?
We managed to get 3 seats right behind the goal (much like the south bank) for $90 each
The only miserable thing im not looking forward to is the approximate 7hrish drive from Chattanooga to Jacksonville

We managed to get 3 seats right behind the goal (much like the south bank) for $90 each
The only miserable thing im not looking forward to is the approximate 7hrish drive from Chattanooga to Jacksonville
The weather will be miserable. The stadium isn't much better.

You may have got “lucky” by buying so early. Also just remembered that kick is at 7pm local, so may be cooling off by then.

Remind me what section y’all are in? I’m going to be down that way at the same time anyway, so…

I'm assuming that with the length of your trip you will be around for a few days so there are a couple of extra options. My info is a year out of date plus as I now live even further away then you, but it should still hold water.

The best two pubs on matchday probably are the Hogs Head and the Royal London because they are both big and serve food. They do get busy but it is manageable because of their size.

The best pub is actually the Great Western but it is small so it gets madly rammed on matchday. I would strongly recommend going there maybe the night before when it will be much quieter. Beer is excellent in there and it is a proper British boozer. Kids are fine in there too.

You also should definitely get a curry in Wolverhampton as it is hard to beat. There are loads, but the two best in the city centre are the Dilshad and the Bilash. Bilash is expensive, so I would favour the Dilshad.

If you have time on your visit, the Black Country Living Museum is well worth a visit. Shows your boy a bit of history of the area and I used to take my kids there loads. There is an old style fish and chip shop in the museum street that does the best chips (fries to you I guess) on god's clean earth. Plus there is Dudley Castle and zoo if you like seeing animals. Also a decent trip out.

Section 122 Row Z for me ... I'm a cheapskate $55 a ticket.

Agree with Paddington re: recommendation for Great Western. Much depends where you'll be staying but you might want to look at AirBNB options.

Black Country museum is a very good idea as you'll get a flavour of how life was for so many and the local area.

I'd aso recommend the Station pub at Codsall Station for another good brew and Queens Cantonese is probably my favourite restaurant in Wolves. You might also fancy a trip to Bridgnorth or Ironbridge and Cosford Air Museum is good if your young one enjoys that sort of thing.

Finally, give Manchester airport a miss. Heathrow may be further but its far less hassle and you'll be able to visit London if that takes your fancy. Manchester airport is a shit hole and security a complete joke.

Thank you! And, I have no idea what stand we will be in. I am sure we will miss a portion of the game as we make our way to wherever our seats are from the pre-game "festivities." We're truly excited, our first time in England, and he is getting to take in a home game. The kid is truly obsessed...phone case, beach towel, full kit, pendant in his room, a blanket on his bed...just to name a few things.

Regardless of opponent (and Bournemouth would not have been in my top 12-15), we are excited to take in a game at Molineux.
I really hope its a good one for you both. I mean that.

Bournemouth invariably only bring a few hundred fans and so its a poor atmosphere. If there's anything we can help with beforehand or on the day, please do ask.

I disagree with Squeak about the airports (just my personal view), personally I'd avoid London unless you want to take that in of course, with all its sights. Simply because you feel lost at Heathrow, its so large, whilst Manchester is far easier to navigate and you can get a train direct from the airport to Wolverhampton (perhaps via Manchester Piccadilly though -the main central Manchester station). At Heathrow you would have to catch and navigate the Tube (underground) to London Euston Railway station, then catch the train to Birmingham and Wolverhampton. I am presuming you are not driving BTW.

Last edited:

Agree with Paddington re: recommendation for Great Western. Much depends where you'll be staying but you might want to look at AirBNB options.

Black Country museum is a very good idea as you'll get a flavour of how life was for so many and the local area.

I'd aso recommend the Station pub at Codsall Station for another good brew and Queens Cantonese is probably my favourite restaurant in Wolves. You might also fancy a trip to Bridgnorth or Ironbridge and Cosford Air Museum is good if your young one enjoys that sort of thing.

Finally, give Manchester airport a miss. Heathrow may be further but its far less hassle and you'll be able to visit London if that takes your fancy. Manchester airport is a shit hole and security a complete joke.
Best to ignore Walter @Orlandomagic2525

Codsall, Cosford and Bridgnorth are quite a way out of Wolverhampton and not very easy to get to for those that are unfamiliar with the area. Manchester and it's airport are perfectly fine as is London and Heathrow. I'd recommend visiting both if you have time.

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:

+1 on the fish and chips. Wish it was on the outside so you could grab some whenever

So, thank you all again for the information and advice, especially the Mascot packages. So... I got up at 2:45am (in the states), and purchased the Nov. 30th mascot package for my son. (His birthday is only a couple of days earlier.) We are super excited to travel to England and Molineux later this year. This may be the dumbest question anyone has ever asked, but... Is there anything that we should "know" before we come? We attend tons of sports events in the US, but I am sure there are some differences in the U.K. (For example, in Wisconsin where we are from, kids can be in the bars. So, we have a pre-game tradition of going to the bars, eating lunch, etc.. before games. Is that legal in England?)
Hey @Orlandomagic2525 - just reread the thread and given it some thought. Rereading my post #20 on this thread it does seem like we were in the ground just after 12:00 for a 3pm kick off. I also seem to remember they only send you details by post some time after you’ve purchased the ticket. So the following might help - but this was two years ago and so anything / everything might have changed:
- Macots and families are allocated seats in WL4 next to the tunnel. Don’t think there are any options for changing this.Good view from right in the middle of the main stand and close to the home bench. Kids can easily run off the pitch after team presentations. Good location for hurling abuse at Steve Cooper which was an added plus for my daughter.
- They should be in touch with you quick to get your sons size for his full kit which will arrive in advance. This afforded me an exciting couple of months trying to prevent my two from getting ketchup down the front of it.
- Club are, as you’d expect, superb at looking after the kids.
- Schedule was something like:
> Lunch for all mascots and family in a big hospitality suite on arrival (it’s England - plenty of people still eat lunch at what the Spanish would consider breakfast time). Loads of freebies floating around. We were in the Bert Williams suite which allowed my ancient Dad to find people in team photos he’d played cricket with (George Hardwick - Boro and England).
> Mascots then off to meet the team on arrival and get photos and autographs.
> Then all the families down to pitch side for photos in dug outs and tunnel etc (you get all these sent through to download afterwards).
> Mascots then do some ‘skills sessions’ with the coaches on the side of the pitch for 20 mins or so.
> Mascot walk around the pitch.
> Down to the tunnel to line up and accompany players on to the pitch. Again, chance for the bolder to give the officials some grief before a ball has been kicked.

Of course - club fan engagement strategy has changed a bit since then so it might now look like:
> Arrive 06:00 to enjoy a packed lunch in the car park (bring your own).
> 06:05 - 10:00. Chance to get hands on and do some adventure play by painting the roof. Bring your own paint and a head for heights.
> 10:00 - 12:00. Visit the new Sudu textile mills and experience some child labour by unblocking the looms. Don’t fancy it? There’s a waiting list of urchins desperate to get in there so suck it up.
> Finally off to the hospitality suite… to wait on the fans of the opposition we’ve sold the tickets to. Given its Bournemouth it’s sure to be busy with their supporter groups from Monte Carlo.
> 14:55 - boots on for 90 mins pal, that US market is ours at last!!!

Apologies, I’ve spent a lot of time in the sun this week supporting my other lost cause in life. Anyway, the first bit might be useful. You’re going to have an amazing day if it was even half as good as ours - the people at the club genuinely do a superb job.

I'm assuming that with the length of your trip you will be around for a few days so there are a couple of extra options. My info is a year out of date plus as I now live even further away then you, but it should still hold water.

The best two pubs on matchday probably are the Hogs Head and the Royal London because they are both big and serve food. They do get busy but it is manageable because of their size.

The best pub is actually the Great Western but it is small so it gets madly rammed on matchday. I would strongly recommend going there maybe the night before when it will be much quieter. Beer is excellent in there and it is a proper British boozer. Kids are fine in there too.

You also should definitely get a curry in Wolverhampton as it is hard to beat. There are loads, but the two best in the city centre are the Dilshad and the Bilash. Bilash is expensive, so I would favour the Dilshad.

If you have time on your visit, the Black Country Living Museum is well worth a visit. Shows your boy a bit of history of the area and I used to take my kids there loads. There is an old style fish and chip shop in the museum street that does the best chips (fries to you I guess) on god's clean earth. Plus there is Dudley Castle and zoo if you like seeing animals. Also a decent trip out.
Thank you!!

I really hope its a good one for you both. I mean that.

Bournemouth invariably only bring a few hundred fans and so its a poor atmosphere. If there's anything we can help with beforehand or on the day, please do ask.

I disagree with Squeak about the airports (just my personal view), personally I'd avoid London unless you want to take that in of course, with all its sights. Simply because you feel lost at Heathrow, its so large, whilst Manchester is far easier to navigate and you can get a train direct from the airport to Wolverhampton (perhaps via Manchester Piccadilly though -the main central Manchester station). At Heathrow you would have to catch and navigate the Tube (underground) to London Euston Railway station, then catch the train to Birmingham and Wolverhampton. I am presuming you are not driving BTW.
We're making a proper trip of this. We're going to Ireland, Scotland, London, etc.. This is going to be about 12 days over there. We want to see the country, the history, and take in some football. We haven't planned out the sequencing yet, but we want this to be a good time there.

Back