• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Some of the responses are excellent :icon_lol:

My favourite:
Pimple rhymes with Dalrymple. I'd cross him off winning just for that.

Oh, and Wimple (a nuns hat according to Blackadder Goes Forth)

Yep. If we win (we won't) then the quarter final will be on 29th/30th November. We're not in the midst of a particularly busy period then and it would be sandwiched between games against Bolton and Blues which I think we'd win with a reserve team if need be. We also have an extra two days rest compared to normal as the Blues game is on the Monday.

Most of the players he's going to bring in tonight are good anyway, I don't have a problem with us changing the team around. It's not like we're chucking Frank Nouble and the Egg in.
nah but Bennett at rwb is close (rumours)

Pimple rhymes with Dalrymple. I'd cross him off winning just for that.

Oh, and Wimple (a nuns hat according to Blackadder Goes Forth)

How dare you forget "Wibble"?

Or indeed, "Mr Flibble" if you're a Red Dwarf fan.

For any of you travelling by car, there's a huge fire close to the Etihad and Police are advising people to use public transport as there are road closures in place
Didn’t have any issues driving in other than I now stink of smoke.

We have beaten Manchester City before in this competition. Apart from the Wembley triumph we won at Maine Road when we were a fourth division team. True that tonight might be slightly more difficult, but who knows what could happen.

2 - 1 Wolves.

I think it might be 6-3 to City o_O

I'm going with 4-1 to City. Just can't see them slowing down any time soon.

I'm with Frank, 2-1 to Wolves. You never know... :)

Literally every time we've come up against an obviously superior team and I've allowed myself to feel cautiously optimistic, we've been blown back. Accordingly, I think we'll push them more than they expect, but still end up at the end of a 2-0 or so defeat.

I'm convinced we will lose this evening. Then again I was convinced we would lose to Stoke, Liverpool & Southampton.

Can’t see us winning tonight as long as we make a good account of ourselves I’ll be happy. Offer my three points Saturday over a win tonight definitely.

If they score early it could be a really bad night. I hope we put up a fight and give them a game but I just can't see any way we beat them reserves of first team. I predict 3-1 Costa to score for us.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Head says 3-1 to City.......Wolves fan in me says 1-2 Wolves

I think if we get away with a 2-1 defeat having given it a really good go, then that would be not a bad night.

Anything other than an absolute shellacking please. This is as tough a fixture as we can expect this season.

Can’t see us winning tonight as long as we make a good account of ourselves I’ll be happy. Offer my three points Saturday over a win tonight definitely.

Really? That's fucking unbelievable.

If it was binary (which it isn't) then the sentiment is quite right.

Far more important that we are playing Premier League clubs every week come August 2018.

Norris, Batth, Coady, Hause, Bennett, N'Diaye, Price, Vinagre, Marshall, Bright, Costa

Subs - Burgoyne, Doherty, Cavaleiro, Ronan, Miranda, Deslandes, Bonatini

Back