• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Nuno is about to do is press conference so it will be interesting to see what he says when he gets asked about changes.

or not....he has sent Alfred to do the Presser. I presume there is no obligation in the League Cup for the manager to do these.

According to Tim Nash Nuno doesn't speak before Carabao Cup games

Reckon that Nuno will want to test himself (& the team) with this one so whilst there will be changes it is unlikely to be wholesale

Norris will play & expect at least one of Boly or Hause & possibly both. N'Daiye in for one of Neves or Saiss & would hope that we don't start with Bonatini as he is one that we really don't have a like for like replacement for.

Wing back positions are the unknown - Doherty has played almost all matches, but had a break during the internationals and no clear & obvious other candidate (though there are one or two that could be put there). Douglas or Vinagre on the left is a toss up - Douglas didn't have the greatest game on Sat but has more experience, Vinagre has more dynamism & speed, but less of it. Would be happy with either.

Still would expect the first team non starters will be on the bench if needed. Less worry about players getting kicked out of the game with this one than in any Championship match so no need to protect them on that basis.

May still be given a football lesson, but thats why they are at the top of the Premier League at the moment.

not a televised game then, was what i meant really.

not a televised game then, was what i meant really.

Nope.

Sky went with Swansea v Man Utd (no idea why other than it is the law to show Man Utd cup games) and Spurs v West Ham

I'm not sure playing starters is the way to go here. Call me pessimistic, but I can't see any way City don't score 4 or 5. They're just too good right now.

I think it'll be:

----------Norris

----Batth Boly Hause

Prince Price N'Diaye Vinagre

--------Costa Cav

------------Jota

I'd go with the following -

--------------Norris---------------
-------Boly--Coady---Hause-----
Doherty-Neves-N'Diaye-Vinagre
------Costa-Bonatini--Jota-------

The only one I definitely want to see rested is Leo and Doherty as we just don't have a replacement, think Norris, Costa and Vinagre should start too

Looking forward to this one. Getting into Manchester at lunch. Not been drinking there for a while any pubs (Langers?) I need to be visiting?

Strange one because if we start with the last rounds team we will get seriously embarrased.
Shame that Gibbs White isnt around as id like to see him play a part.

Im going for..

--------- Norris -----------

-----Boly Coady Hause-------

Doherty Neves N'Diaye Vinagre

--------Costa Bright-----------

------------Bonatini-----------

Last edited:
the sponsors of this Cup are off their tits when it comes to the draws. Confusion, being done in China and now the 5th Round Draw to be made on Twitter and drawn by Phil Tufnell and Matt Dawson (I presume they are hoping for a What Happened Next for Question of Sport.....answer "Sky then picked Man Utd to be shown live")

Both teams to Score Wolves to Win 22/1 with Ladbrookes
I'll be having some of that

Back