• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

10pm tonight you will be furious you didn't follow Glasgow to Ladbrookes...

I don't think we will win, however

Cup games always throw up the shocks
City may make wholesale changes
22/1 in a 2 horse race is too good a price to turn down

I don't think we will win, however

Cup games always throw up the shocks
City may make wholesale changes
22/1 in a 2 horse race is too good a price to turn down

Glasgow - on Betfair Wolves are 19/1 to win with the draw no bet. That is a far better bet than Wolves winning and both teams scoring

City will make wholesale changes.

They'll still start with Yaya, Aguero, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Sterling, Danilo, Otanendi, Mangala etc.

Tonight will be tough. Hopefully a lot of fun no matter what the score is though.

So I ask myself, which do I want?

1). Wolves to win the Caraboa (League Cup) or

2). Wolves to get promotion.

Has to be promotion.

So Nuno, pick a side to reflect that, please.

Bet of the day is Wolves +3 handicap - 10/11.

They only beat the Baggies 2-1 in the previous round. Can't see us losing by 3 goals.

So I ask myself, which do I want?

1). Wolves to win the Caraboa (League Cup) or

2). Wolves to get promotion.

Has to be promotion.

So Nuno, pick a side to reflect that, please.

Why does it have to be a binary choice?

We can still get promoted if we beat City though!

Laurie Dalrymple‏ @LaurieDalrymple 17m17 minutes ago
Cup ticket news��: I have 2 tickets in the @Wolves end for tonight's cup tie with Man City. Best response wins them. Decision by 2pm...go! ��

Play the best team. Maybe at a push rest bonatini and doc in the absence of genuine alternatives, but give ourselves best chance of an upset. Just think how much out recruitment pool will increase if we win this competition and end up in Europe

We can still get promoted if we beat City though!

Yep. If we win (we won't) then the quarter final will be on 29th/30th November. We're not in the midst of a particularly busy period then and it would be sandwiched between games against Bolton and Blues which I think we'd win with a reserve team if need be. We also have an extra two days rest compared to normal as the Blues game is on the Monday.

Most of the players he's going to bring in tonight are good anyway, I don't have a problem with us changing the team around. It's not like we're chucking Frank Nouble and the Egg in.

I just want to give City a great game no matter what the score + it is going to be a great atmosphere in the away end in any event so looking forward to a fun evening.

City could win 6-0, we could nick it 2-1...I'm not too fussed.

Laurie Dalrymple‏ @LaurieDalrymple 17m17 minutes ago
Cup ticket news��: I have 2 tickets in the @Wolves end for tonight's cup tie with Man City. Best response wins them. Decision by 2pm...go! ��

Some of the responses are excellent :icon_lol:

My favourite:

2 tickets from Mr Dalrymple
Give them to me its so simple
For no other reason
Than this is OUR season
And nothin else rhymes with Dalrymple

Setting off in a bit I'll leave it to Nuno but hope for a strongish team. Cheeky £5 on us will pay for the night if we have a another unexpected win
COYW

Play the best team. Maybe at a push rest bonatini and doc in the absence of genuine alternatives, but give ourselves best chance of an upset. Just think how much out recruitment pool will increase if we win this competition and end up in Europe

Don't think it's really going to make a massive difference beyond the existing Mendes influence, already signing players from Champions League clubs to play in the Championship thanks to his reach.

For any of you travelling by car, there's a huge fire close to the Etihad and Police are advising people to use public transport as there are road closures in place

Back