• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Ouch! Could be a similar score to last time we played City in the league cup with those lineups.

Bit like Micks selection at Utd, all is fine if we win on Saturday. Personally, it's very close to the team I'd have picked, but hope we don't lose by more than 3

Oh fuck, is that Bennett at RWB? I suppose he'll be at RB though really

My thoughts exactly. I was also shocked at first but in all likelihood he will barely make it over the halfway line. All our attacking threat is down the left side anyway (assuming Helder is playing there and Marshall on the right)

Hoping Vinagre can have a good game and a solid 60 minutes for Costa ahead of the Norwich game.

Bit of a shame we're going to be spanked but there you go.

Am I the only one who thinks we might be able to get at city's defence

Oh for fucksake! That's a disappointment. Still anything less than 3 and I suppose there's something. I just don't get how you test where we are if we don't out a stronger side out.

The commentator for tonight has practice a commentary of Aguero record breaking goal tonight. I hope he doest score now.

Very disappointed with that line up. If I'd travelled up to watch this game I'd be furious.

Damned if you do etc. If for arguments sake we fielded our 1st team and quite possibly lose 3 or 4 nil then go to QPR and lose, Nuno has made a major mistake. Course if we lose on Saturday he's still made a mistake but he's improved his chances.

Very disappointed with that line up. If I'd travelled up to watch this game I'd be furious.

Why? They other league cup sides have been changed heavily from the league games so why would you travel to Manchester expecting anything different?

Why? They other league cup sides have been changed heavily from the league games so why would you travel to Manchester expecting anything different?

Expected us to give it a bit of a go.

Nothing to suggest that was ever likely to be the case given the selections in previous rounds.
We weren't playing the best team in the country in previous rounds.

Let's just see how this one pans out. I'll be happy with anything less than a three goal difference looking at the two starting 11's.

We weren't playing the best team in the country in previous rounds.

Let's just see how this one pans out. I'll be happy with anything less than a three goal difference looking at the two starting 11's.

Already came up against a solid Premier League side, one that played a pretty much full strength side, and made lots of changes for that game.

The competition is clearly not a priority.

Whatever happened, and on Saturday for that matter, we're going to piss this league. Playing such a weakened team tonight doesn't change that

Exactly. And we are playing on the Tuesday so plenty of recovery time before QPR. I am rather sad about this selection really. Denying ourselves much hope by the look of it.

Good save from Norris as Aguero has his first crack at the record from the edge of the box.

Back