• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
Signed up to 2026.

I think Joe Hodge will be taking the Jordao role, given he's here until 2027 but not a single soul on here would ever want him to start a game for Wolves. More Port Vale and Crewe than the Algarve and Madeira though.
I reckon someone in the Championship will give us a few hundred thousand for Hodge after a semi decent loan in League 1.

I reckon someone in the Championship will give us a few hundred thousand for Hodge after a semi decent loan in League 1.
I think I hear the Wolverhampton => Colorado pipeline warming up.

I think I hear the Wolverhampton => Colorado pipeline warming up.
Hodge - Price - Ronan

That'd be some midfield. No aerial ability at all.

Tbf I think Jacko might be done.

Ronan has done okay this season from what I understand, albeit in a very, very poor team.

Anywho, didn't mean to make this an ex-Wolf thread.

As an aside for Yerson, he'll be collecting a commemoration this season as Cincinatti clinched the Supporters' Shield (regular season title, basically) with their win last night.

If they win MLS Cup, as well, that will put Yerson in rare company; very few teams (maybe just one?) have managed to claim both.

From the weekend.

Ki-Jana Hoever - Stoke City, Championship

Played a full game to follow up his appearance in the League Cup mid week. Grabbed a fine assist as Stoke came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2, putting a low cross in from the right. Had a brain fart for the second Bristol goal though, putting their striker through on goal with a misplaced pass.

Dexter Lembikisa - Rotherham, Championship

Played a full game in a 2-0 defeat at Cardiff. His man got the better of him for the second, winning a header that led to the goal.

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Primeira Liga.

Played an hour of a 2-2 draw at Boavista on the right of the front three. Dived to win a pen, smashed a shot off the post then got sent off for fighting after being subbed off 5 minutes earlier. Eventful.

Daniel Podence - Olympiacos, Greek Premier League

Got his second and third goals in four games with a brace in a 3-0 win. As DW says, highlights are scarce, but I'm sure they're both wonderful goals.

Theo Corbeanu - Grasshoppers Zurich, Swiss Premier League

Played the first half, but was subbed off at half time again in a 1-0 defeat at home to Young Boys.

Louie Moulden - Rochdale, The National League

Played in a 2-2 draw at home to Southend.

Yerson Mosquera - FC Cincinnati, MLS

Played a full game in a 3-2 win at Toronto and got an assist, a cheeky backheel flick, for the opener.

On as sub: Luke Cundle came on for the last 10 minutes of Argyle's 1-1 draw at Hull, Tyler Roberts came on for the last 20 minutes in a 3-2 defeat at Barrow, and Alfie Pond came on with Stockport cruising 3-0 up at Accrington with 10 minutes to go...but they still managed to concede a consolation.

Unused sub: Griffiths, Bolla.

Not in squad: Campbell, Tipton, Lonwijk, Guedes.

Last edited:
Podence is missing off the list - scored two on Sunday but finding Greek highlights appears to be a rabbit hole of awful, awful videos that show nothing.

Podence is missing off the list - scored two on Sunday but finding Greek highlights appears to be a rabbit hole of awful, awful videos that show nothing.
Talking to the olympiacos lads here, they love him and think we were nuts to sell him.

We haven't sold him (I wish we had)

We've all seen him for three and a half years and I think there's a pretty wide consensus as to whether he's up to it or not in the Premier League.

Is Lonwijk injured? It's really disappointing he has gone from starting on L1 to not even making the bench there.

Dear me. I don't know which one is worse!

Reactions: b3h
Make that value go up!!

Mid-week roundup.

A goal and assist for Podence in their 2-2 Europa League draw vs Backa Topola. He was subbed after an hour with his side two up, but they ended up throwing away the lead.

Goal and assist within the first minute:

Mosquera played the full game in a 2-1 defeat at home to NY Red Bulls.
Hoever played 72 minutes of a 1-0 loss at home to Saints.
Louie Moulden played in a 2-0 defeat at Solihull but made a great flying save off a free kick.

On as sub: Bolla came on for the last half an hour with his side 4-0 down at Roma in the Europa League. Cundle came on for the last 20 minutes in a 2-0 defeat at home to Millwall, while Chem Campbell made a 5-minute cameo in a win over Exeter and Tyler Roberts came on in stoppage time with the game won for Donny vs Crawley.

Unused subs: Guedes, Pond, Griffiths,
Not in squad: Tipton

Back