• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2023/2024

Guedes or no Guedes?

• Yes - More Playstation Face!

• No - Let's forget he ever joined us

Results are only viewable after voting.
A quick one this week:

Alfie Pond made his full debut in a 2-1 win at AFC Wimbledon but only made it to the 51st minute before coming off with a knock, while Louie Moulden played in a 1-1 draw at Kiddy.

On as sub: Tyler Roberts came on at the death for Doncaster in their loss at Wrexham.

Unused sub: Tipton
Not in squad: Griffiths

Was former Loan Watch stalwart Ethan Ebanks-Landell who scored against Moulden. Maybe EEL has eventually found his level.

It's as recently as 2015 when Jezzles was seriously trying to make the argument that it didn't matter that we'd sold a first team centre half and not replaced him (it was only PASHUN Stears so I didn't care about him going, just not signing another one) because who knows, EEL could be one of the best centre halves in the Championship eventually. I'd have offered him some very healthy odds there and then.

I'm assuming Ollie Tipton can't play against our U21's tonight? Or will that just be for games against the 1st team?

You get all kinds of dispensation with U21 games. Like we've played (for example) Sondergaard for our U21s when he's actually on loan somewhere else.

I reckon they'd be allowed to, they'll have to ask us of course. Any game time is welcome as he isn't getting any.

Was former Loan Watch stalwart Ethan Ebanks-Landell who scored against Moulden. Maybe EEL has eventually found his level.

It's as recently as 2015 when Jezzles was seriously trying to make the argument that it didn't matter that we'd sold a first team centre half and not replaced him (it was only PASHUN Stears so I didn't care about him going, just not signing another one) because who knows, EEL could be one of the best centre halves in the Championship eventually. I'd have offered him some very healthy odds there and then.
He did score, but he's on the same team as Moulden :D

I remember EEL banging in 5 or 6 in one loan spell, including a brace somewhere along the way. Those lower-league defenders just couldn't deal with his set-piece expertise. Maybe that's what Jezza saw in him...

Oh yeah :D I bet you he does score against Moulden this season...

It was at Sheff Utd in L1 where he went goal crazy. They bid about £500k for him and we turned it down and handed him a new contract. Good work lads.

Didn't move him on until we were sure he wasn't going to get into a side that had just qualified for the Europa League. Better safe than sorry.

Luke Cundle - Plymouth, Championship

Played 73 minutes of a 2-1 defeat at Preston and grabbed the assist, as mentioned: a one-touch pass to put Hardie in on goal.

Dexter Lembikisa - Rotherham, Championship

Played a full game in a 2-0 defeat at Huddersfield. Left winger got past him for the second, looked like he got caught too far forward.

Chem Campbell - Charlton Athletic, League One
Played an hour of a 1-1 draw at Stevenage in Michael Appleton's first game in charge.

Theo Corbeanu - Grasshoppers Zurich, Swiss Premier League

Played 78 minutes in 3-0 defeat at Sion in the Cup.

Bendeguz Bolla - FC Servette, Swiss Premier League

Played in a 4-1 cup win at Bulle.

Louie Moulden - Rochdale, The National League

Yerson Mosquera - FC Cincinnati, MLS

Played 83 minutes of a 2-2 draw before seeing red for two bookable offences.

Played in a 4-2 win at home to Barnet.

On as sub: Chiquinho made his debut for Famalicao by coming after an hour in their 1-1 draw at Rio Ave.

Unused sub: Roberts, Pond

Not in squad: Hoever, Tipton, Griffiths, Lonwijk, Guedes.

Last edited:
Mosquera had a match, don’t know all the deets but got sent off in a 2-2 against Philadelphia.

Update from mid-week.

Bendeguz Bolla played a full Europa League game for the first time but lost 2-0 at home to Slavia Prague.

Luke Cundle played 72 minutes of Plymouth's 4-1 defeat at Ashton Gate, while Lemibikisa played the full game in a 3-0 defeat at Millwall.

Louie Moulden played in a 1-1 draw at Boreham Wood.

Not in squad: Guedes, Mosquera, Hoever.

Played a full game in a 1-1 draw at home to PNE.

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played 83 mins of a 1-0 win.

Played the full game in a 2-0 defeat at Luzern and scored an own goal: the ball came in quick and it deflected causing him to mis-step and bounce it in off his shin.

Played in a 2-1 win at Dorking.

Played the full game in a 3-0 win over Charlotte (sorry @Alan).

On as sub: Cundle came on for the last few minutes and grabbed Plymouth's final goal in a 6-2 thrashing of Norwich. Took it well (last few seconds of this video)

Hoever came on with 15 minutes to go with Stoke, while Pond came on for a similar amount of time in a 5-0 win vs Wrexham

Unused sub: Campbell, Roberts

Not in squad: Tipton, Griffiths, Guedes.

Game tonight: Corbeanu, Lonwijk

Last edited:

Played a full game in a 1-1 draw at home to PNE.

Chem Campbell - Charlton Athletic, League One
Played an hour of a 1-1 draw at Stevenage in Michael Appleton's first game in charge.

Chiquinho - Famalicao, Portuguese Primeira Liga

Played 83 mins of a 1-0 win.

Played the full game in a 2-0 defeat at Luzern and scored an own goal: the ball came in quick and it deflected causing him to mis-step and bounce it in off his shin.

Played in a 2-1 win at Dorking.

Played 83 minutes of a 2-2 draw before seeing red for two bookable offences.

Played in a 4-2 win at home to Barnet.

On as sub: Cundle came on for the last few minutes and grabbed Plymouth's final goal in a 6-2 thrashing of Norwich. Took it well (last few seconds of this video)

Hoever came on with 15 minutes to go with Stoke, while Pond came on for a similar amount of time in a 5-0 win vs Wrexham

Unused sub: Campbell, Roberts,

Not in squad: Tipton, Griffiths, Guedes.

Game tonight: Corbeanu, Lonwijk
Nice one mate, much appreciated as always!

Sending players to League 2 and them not even being able to make the bench isn't a good look

Chiquinho sent off for what I can only describe as 'handbags' vs Famalicão against Boavista yesterday

There was so much promise with Chiquinho pre injury, his career has really taken a nose dive since then.

He's going to need to be very strong mentally to get back playing for us I think.

How long is his contract?

He'll be our Jordão replacement, endless loans to shite like Chaves and Vizela until he leaves on a free.

Signed up to 2026.

I think Joe Hodge will be taking the Jordao role, given he's here until 2027 but not a single soul on here would ever want him to start a game for Wolves. More Port Vale and Crewe than the Algarve and Madeira though.

Back