• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

As Dan alludes to, I think it's only his positional rival that's given Jed Wallace such a following, he's done nothing to warrant such admiration.

I agree that is it is largely because of this - but also as someone who has wanted us to sign Wallace for a while having seen what he is capable of I am frustrated about that too. I want to see if he is capable at this level (and possibly further) because I genuinely think he has the talent.

I also had these thoughts about Jacobs - that I wanted to see his capabilities at this level - and he has also seen his chance blocked by a strange faith in Edwards that seems to be on the back of one goalscoring run in league one. Prior to that Edwards has been used quite sparingly, and was behind Jacobs who showed quality over the course of the campaign not a glut of games. This has also proved to be an anomaly in Edwards's career.

Edwards is NOT a goalscoring midfielder, that is a myth that rears its head every now and then. His goalscoring record is rubbish.

11 without a goal now I believe. He plays more or less as a striker a lot of the time and frequently goes an entire game without having a shot on target.

That outlook might have some merit if he'd ever shown his alleged ability at this level, but as he's only ever done it in League 2 I doubt anyone in the Championship is looking at him as an absolute banker, which is probably why he's gone to some mid-table League 1 side with no rumour of any interest elsewhere.

He scored 6 in 22 in league 1 last time he was there. He should have had a shot with us by now, no question.

As PQ says Wallace broke through with Pompey in League One and had an immediate impact for a relegated club. This was 3 years ago as well. Disappointed he hasn't gone to another champ team but not really surprised.

As PQ says Wallace broke through with Pompey in League One and had an immediate impact for a relegated club. This was 3 years ago as well. Disappointed he hasn't gone to another champ team but not really surprised.

More disappointed that we haven't given him a chance given our performances of late - no idea whether he can step up (& he can't show us unless he gets on the pitch), but presume something was seen in him for us to want to spend money bringing him here

Wallace involved in Millwall's opener (I assume it was him, unless they have another Wallace)

Wallace and Evans are both starting today. Would have thought that we'd have asked for Evans not to play in the Cup, not that we'll get past the third round of course...

Burgoyne and O'Hanlon start for Telford and Corby respectively.

Wallace and Evans are both starting today. Would have thought that we'd have asked for Evans not to play in the Cup, not that we'll get past the third round of course...

Burgoyne and O'Hanlon start for Telford and Corby respectively.

Would presume they are going to let Evans stay at Bradford for the season now. He was left out lst week as it looked like he was heading back to us.

Following up;

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played 87 minutes in an FA Cup glamour tie away to Bury that finished 0-0.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Made an immediate impact by contributing to the first goal as Millwall won away at Oldham. Subbed on 65.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) - A MOTM display, according to some, and a clean sheet as Telford recorded a fine 1-0 win at Stockport.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - A bit of a horror show for him and Corby, losing 3-0 away to our friends Chorley. Subbed in the second half.

Millwall fans on Twitter seemed more than impressed with Wallace

Anyone know where he played. The formation on the scores App I use had him right wing/midfield, but that is far from reliable

Anyone know where he played. The formation on the scores App I use had him right wing/midfield, but that is far from reliable

The clip of him setting up the first goal certainly has him crossing from a right wing position - a few yards in from the touchline

Anyone know how long Burgoyne is at Telford for?

Millwall are playing Oxford in the diddy cup tonight. It'll be interesting to see how Jed gets on.

Back