• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

Can Burgoyne still play for our development squad despite being on loan? I'm sure I saw his name in the squad list for yesterday's Birmingham Senior Cup Tie; unless it was an error on the website.

I hope he's another off the production line of Wolves goalkeepers. Seems highly rated.

Yeah, you can do what you want in that respect. Ojo played for Liverpool U21s when he was still on loan here.

I wonder if Burgoyne is any good at saving long range shots that go right above his head.

Unpopular opinion klaxon:

I'm often in the minority but I've never rated Ikeme. I saw enough in the 2008/09 season to make the assumption that he'd never be more than an average Championship goalkeeper. I don't understand why he's so highly thought of amongst our support. Decent-ish shot stopper (at close range) and kicker, diabolical at commanding his area and defence.

I remember a funny little story from the first Premier League season, we were at Middlesbrough and Carl was number two to Michael Oakes, anyway I wanted a picture with Oakes and called Carl over to ask him, he thought I wanted a picture with him, when I asked could you ask Oakesy please he told me to fuck off... lolooloolz

He's bang average at this level with a propensity to look terrible at times and save virtually nothing. When we went on our horror run last season, not that many goals were really down to him in particular but virtually every shot on target against us was going in. He rarely makes saves you wouldn't expect him to and he makes way too many errors, this has been his worst season for it by a long way, so many awful goals down to him. As for commanding his area, he took a couple of crosses quite well in that run of games in 08/09. This has led to the myth persisting that he is good at commanding his area when in actual fact he is not at all.

His kicking is a load of dross as well IMO.

Unpopular opinion klaxon:

I'm often in the minority but I've never rated Ikeme. I saw enough in the 2008/09 season to make the assumption that he'd never be more than an average Championship goalkeeper. I don't understand why he's so highly thought of amongst our support. Decent-ish shot stopper (at close range) and kicker, diabolical at commanding his area and defence.

I think a few of us on here think this and it's bang on. Someone mentioned the other day that it's because he came through the ranks and fans still hang on to that and him being the next Matt Murray despite what his performances actually prove. If he does something well it seems to get blown out of proportion like the save at Brighton, yes it was a good one but it was straight above his head and not the most powerful header and he would have expected to save it yet all i could see was world class save.

When compared to Hennessey, Ikeme is a beast at dominating his area.....

He good at making himself big in one on one situations. Anything that requires decent footwork or speed getting down then he's pretty hopeless.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Sent off just after HT against Port Vale. Straight red for a foul.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Played the full game and picked up an assist for the second as Millwall won 2-1 at Chesterfield.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) - Another good game by all accounts as Telford won 3-1 - they seem to have really taken to him there.

Eusebio Bancessi (AFC Telford) - Got his first goal for Telford, pouncing on a spilled header from the keeper. Subbed after 70 mins.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - Played the full game as Corby lost 2-1 at home to Gainsborough.

Harry Burgoyne and Eusebio both played the full game for Telford tonight as they lost 3-1 at home to Hednesford. Burgoyne apparently pulled out a wonder save but couldn't do much about the 3 goals (windy conditions played a part in one of them) while it seems Eusebio impressed with his pace at times but made little impact on the game.

Harry Burgoyne and Eusebio both played the full game for Telford tonight as they lost 3-1 at home to Hednesford. Burgoyne apparently pulled out a wonder save but couldn't do much about the 3 goals (windy conditions played a part in one of them) while it seems Eusebio impressed with his pace at times but made little impact on the game.

Fantastic result for the Pitmen. Telford deserve everything they get for a ropey postponement a couple of weeks ago in the middle of an injury crisis.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Played the full game as Millwall drew 1-1 to Crewe at home. Sounded dangerous and had a few chances to score without doing so.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) - Played as Telford lost at home to Fylde 2-1. No comments about how he played on Twitter.

Eusebio Bancessi (AFC Telford) - Started on the bench and doesn't sound like he managed to get on.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - Corby's game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Portsmouth fans must be livid at the way we've misused him.

Portsmouth fans must be livid at the way we've misused him.

I bet Wallace is pretty pissed off as well. Should have definitely had more chances in this team with how we have been performing.

Forget Pompey fans, I was just speaking to a Swindon fan down the pub and he was furious about the way we've treated Nathan Byrne.

Back