• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

Yet Byrne was happy to sell the prospect of being a player at Wolves to the young lad we signed the other week from Swindon.

Maybe the players in question understand what is going on and aren't furious at their "treatment"

(Unless Byrne hated the lad of course)

I think both have been criminally underused. If we were having a good injury free season it would be acceptable, but we haven't. We play solid players like Edwards and Henry (and potentially Mason) instead of those who can offer something a little different, but may make mistakes. Wallace has played 2/3 games on the left and an hour behind the forward in an overall poor team performance. Byrne played well for a couple of games, we lost one and he gets dumped. Came on as sub vs Leeds, scores gets in against Sheffield Wednesday in an awful team performance and goes again. Easy players to scapegoat.

Yet Byrne was happy to sell the prospect of being a player at Wolves to the young lad we signed the other week from Swindon.

Maybe the players in question understand what is going on and aren't furious at their "treatment"

(Unless Byrne hated the lad of course)

No, I actually bumped into Nathan Byrne in the Tappit Hen in Dunblane and he's pretty pissed off about Wolves atm...

No, I actually bumped into Nathan Byrne in the Tappit Hen in Dunblane and he's pretty pissed off about Wolves atm...
I think his Tweet to Wallace about his loan told us his view, you've clearly had it confirmed...any other titbits?

I think his Tweet to Wallace about his loan told us his view, you've clearly had it confirmed...any other titbits?

He also said that Ken put him on a rack in an attempt to make him taller...

Has he plugged him into the mains aswell to give him POWER?

He was obviously annoyed that he kept on running forward with the ball in the oppositions half

As already mentioned elsewhere, Wallace has had his loan extended until the 1st April.

OP updated.

Good stuff. I'm keen to see how he does with regular games and in a good team. If not with us at least he can have a career somewhere.

Apparently Wallace is playing wide right at Millwall?

He has. Likes to drift in a lot from that position but also capable taking on his man and delivering crosses. Also attacks the back post well when ball is coming in from the other side...

He played there for the u21s when I watched us against Fulham. Scored and made one.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Played the full game last night as Millwall won 1-0 at Oxford but missed out trip on the JPT final as Oxford won on aggregate. Nothing much to report other than a shot saved.

Zele Ismail (Oxford) - Came on in the last minute to help see out the win. A possible Wembley appearance for him?

Wallace with the assist for Millwalls goal at Walsall.

Hylton fires past Shearer on the half volley at the back post after a brilliant cross from @ZeliOfficial 2-1 #OUFC

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Had a profound impact on the game, grabbing both assists for Millwall in a superb 3-0 win at Smallsall. Subbed towards the end. It looks like he's more than comfortable at League One level. Take note, Ken.

Zele Ismail (Oxford) - As mentioned, provided a great cross for Oxford's second at home to Mansfield. Came on as a sub in the 64th minute.

The non-league lads didn't play due to postponements while Lee Evans served the final game of his suspension.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Returned from suspension and played the full game as Bradford won 4-0 at Posh. Will claim the assist for their second after a long throw to Kyel Reid.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Played the full game and looked dangerous throughout according to the report, whipping in several dangerous crosses but not involved in the goal as his team won 1-0 at Rochdale.

Zele Ismail (Oxford) - Came on after an hour to help Oxford turn the game on it's head at Morecambe, coming back from 2-1 down to win 4-2. No hand in any of the goals but seems to have bulked up somewhat.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) - Unlucky to be on the losing side as they lost 2-1 at Solihull. A couple of big saves apparently.

Eusebio Bancessi (AFC Telford) - No place in the squad. Not sure why.

Ben O'Hanlon (Corby Town) - Like Eusebio, nowhere to be seen.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played the full game as Bradford beat Southend 2-0 at home. Went close with a shot from the edge of the box.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Played the full game as Millwall lost at home to Scunthorpe 2-0. Sounds like he's in the middle of every Millwall attack and is taking their free-kicks. Full of dangerous crosses and clever touches, according to Twitter.

Zele Ismail (Oxford) - Came on for the last few minutes in Oxford's 1-0 defeat to Northampton. Showed some decent touches.

I find it ridiculous that we haven't recalled Wallace now Henry is injured despite him playing on the right of midfield ever since joining Millwall and by all accounts doing a very good job of it.

Yeah, it is ridiculous

Back