• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

Burgoyne staying at Telford til the end of the season.

May as well give some of our own younger players (Hunte, Deslandes) a go rather than bring in loans now, as bad as we are its very unlikely we will go down. Unless the loan has an agreement for it become permanent there's not really any point using the rest of the games to develop someone else's player.
About as likely as Jackett getting the sack.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played the full game as Bradford won 1-0 at Blackpool.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Another productive game by the sound of it as Millwall drew 1-1 away to Doncaster. Involved in a lot of attacking moves and unlucky not to get an assist or two. Subbed in the dying moments.

Zele Ismail (Oxford) - Was an unused sub. Came on for 20 minutes mid-week though.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) -Let in 5 away at Stalybridge Celtic, but still wasn't on the losing team! Telford came back from 5-2 down to draw. No noticeable errors reported.

Had missed Ismail going to Oxford, my mate is a fan of theres and goes to most games around London way so will see what he thinks. Is Ismail out of contract this season?

Yeah, he won't get a new deal.

Aye, I feel that from the glimpses I have seen of him he has enough about him to be a decent L1 player for a career as a pro, just needs to shirk the niggly injuries that he seems to pick up. The year we went down and he played in the friendly away at Chesterfield I was really impressed with him and thought us being relegated might be a good thing for him if it meant an opportunity to play, but he never really made the most of it.

I wasn't especially impressed with him in our early L1 games, most of his loan spells seem to have gone ok but then been punctuated by injuries.

He did OK but never pushed on for us. Notts County fans loved him but he got badly crocked. He did well at Burton but got badly crocked. Basically that's his career. Once he gets and stays fully fit he will have a decent career. More a 250k player than a 100m one.

I hope he does get over his injury problems. Personally I thought he was really good for us in L1.

I thought he had some good games, especially very early on then never recovered when we brought Henry and Jacobs in.

Both at Burton and Notts County he has gone out and done well. Injuries just seem to have done him in. I think he will have a decent career just needs to go somewhere and play a lot.

He's one of those players that could leave, get a run of games and do well. Just like Vokes though, him leaving at a point in time doesn't mean it was the wrong thing for the club to do, he just needs a break. Without the Evans £100m hype he'd bearly get a mention, he's done less in a Wolves first team shirt than Lewis Gobern did.

Last edited:
Is Lee Evans ever likely to play for Wolves again. I thought he was quite a decent player, though to be fair I have not seen a lot of him.

He's one of those players that could leave, get a run of games and do well. Just like Vokes though, him leaving at a point in time doesn't mean it was the wrong thing for the club to do, he just needs a break. Without the Evans £100m hype he'd bearly get a mention, he's done less in a Wolves first team shirt than Lewis Gobern did.

Spot on really.

Evans I hope still has a future here but another who I think will be pissed off by Jackett and has probably not done himself any favours at time with how he has reacted to being dropped. Can be such a good player if he wants to though.

Evans strikes me as a bit too "pretty" for KJ. Not willing to get stuck in or some bullshit.

If Price can be frozen out, Evans certainly can. It will be sad to see them both go.

Evans strikes me as a bit too "pretty" for KJ. Not willing to get stuck in or some bullshit.

If Price can be frozen out, Evans certainly can. It will be sad to see them both go.

Sad no, Criminal Yes.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played the full game in a shock 2-1 loss at home to Colchester, who hadn't won since October (and Kevin Keen's first since he took over in December). Sounded like the Alamo towards the end and even Evans had 2 or 3 shots saved.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Another full game and another good performance. Unlucky not to come away with anything as Millwall finished goal-less at home to Wigan.

Zele Ismail (Oxford) - Unused sub. Seems to have fallen out of contention.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) - Dropped for their win at Alfreton, maybe due to the five conceded in the previous game. He is only a kid, maybe they saw it fit to take him out of the firing line.

Back