• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

Cech apparently going to be out for 3 weeks minimum with a hamstring issue, that likely to mean Martinez recalled as cover for the bench? And what potential knock on effects does that have for any keepers we have on loan?

I doubt we would recall Burgoyne. We'll just put McCarey on the bench.

Window - window loan so can't be recalled. If Arsenal wanted him back they had to do it in January.

I presume PL clubs still have to name 25 men squads? In which case he wouldn't be eligible anyway

Yeah we'll be keeping Martinez for now although I doubt the manager will play him.

Ismail back with club after Oxford decided against extending loan

Ismail gone straight back out to Cambridge Utd until the end of the season.

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played the full game in a 0-0 draw at Bury. Unlucky not to score with a header that flashed wide and Bradford nearly scored off a couple of free-kicks. An influential display by the sounds of it.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Another full game and his first goal for Millwall as they beat Blackpool 3-0 at home. He's clearly a key player for them now and capped off a fine display by smashing in a 25 yard free-kick.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - Came on after an hour to make his debut but couldn't help prevent his team losing 1-0 at home to Exeter. Played on the right, showed some nifty footwork and had a powerful shot saved by the keeper.

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Made a decent debut and unlucky not to keep a clean sheet in a crazy end to the game. Conceded in the 91st minute only for Cheltenham to grab the equaliser in the 95th.

Harry Burgoyne (AFC Telford) Spent his second game on the bench and Telford have recorded their first back-to back wins of the season without him , 2-0 today.

Would love to hear some Millwall fan's thoughts on Wallace, sounds like he has had a very good season for them though, hopefully he can have a decent pre season with us and maybe have a fair crack at the squad next season.

They can't extend the loan beyond 1st April so you would hope he would get an opportunity for us in the final month of the season when we will have absolutely nothing to play for.

I know he played the first few games on the right of midfield, I don't know if he still is

Wide midfield in a 442 but when I watched him he had the freedom to drift a bit. I think he's a very flexible players, we could play him as a part of the front three or in the midfield three

With Henry out and Byrne not really setting the world alight, would seem a good idea to bring him back soon as and see if he can step up a level

I'm not so sure, I did feel that before but he's having a successful loan spell at a higher level than he was at Portsmouth. Henry will be back soon anyway so would probably result in him scraping a spot on the bench at best. Jackett may go in summer then so he may get a chance at first team action next season.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

As I've just said in the Bristol City thread, I think he is benefitting more in his loan spell with Millwall where he is playing regularly and their attacking player is revolving around him. If we bring him back now he will get 45 minutes here and there again in a team playing shit football.

In an ideal world we'd start playing football where we started passing to our own team mates, give the attackers some freedom and let them have a go at it for the rest of the season. But apparently it is better to play three defensive midfielders, refuse to pick our £3.5m striker and try to scrape a point here and there when we are neither going up or down.

HITC seem to think Rajiv is off to Huddersfield on loan.

Back