• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

I always thought there was a good player somewhere inside RVLP, agree it was time to leave wolves though, he didn't fit with the club or KJ. Best of luck to him.

Never met the guy, so i wouldn't like to comment on his personality - i really don't understand the need to hurl personal insults at players, always seems to be a bit playgroundish

Perhaps, but with respect he's insulted all the fans with his social media antics

As for the player he doesn't know how to play football, he has no game management or idea of when to do certain things.

Perhaps, but with respect he's insulted all the fans with his social media antics

As for the player he doesn't know how to play football, he has no game management or idea of when to do certain things.

Perhaps, but if I was insulted everytime a footballer was a nob i would be a big ball of rage.

Agree on the game aspects, but a good coach could help him there

Lee Evans (Bradford) - Played the full game as Bradford won 2-0 and strengthened their place in the top six.

Jed Wallace (Millwall) - Another full game and another assist as Millwall drew at Swindon. Sounded like a typically industrious display and provided a 'pinpoint' cross for their first. Also got booked.

Zele Ismail (Cambridge United) - Handed his first start and helped his team get a draw at the league leaders. Doesn't sound like he did too much except for testing the keeper with a couple of speculative shots.

Jon Flatt (Cheltenham Town) - Kept a clean sheet on his home debut, making a couple of good saves as Cheltenham beat Woking 4-0. Described as 'strong and steady' by boss Gary Johnson.

Liam McAlinden (Crawley Town) - Made his debut in a fine 1-0 win at Luton. Played for 80 minutes but did little of note, had a shot on target and picked up a booking.

Last edited:
Did McAlinden not get a game? Or did his loan go through too late?

I believe Wallace plays in the middle for Millwall now (No 10?) - where Saville played for them when on loan. They love him (Wallace).

He has played wide right the entire time I think. Morison and Gregory have been their two up front

Ah right - I'm probably mistaken! Quite looking forward to a (potential) front four of Wallace, Zyro, Mason and Dicko next season. That's if we can ever work out how best to utilise Mason...

Ah right - I'm probably mistaken! Quite looking forward to a (potential) front four of Wallace, Zyro, Mason and Dicko next season. That's if we can ever work out how best to utilise Mason...

On the pitch would be a start

Bit baffled by Kenny's comments that he sees Mason working best in a 4-4-2. I both completely disagree and it begs the question of why we signed him: we've nearly always played 4-5-1/4-3-3 under KJ.

Don't think he's quite said that, he's said we need to have two forwards on the pitch (one of them being Mason) if we're to get the best out of him, ie he isn't really suited to playing the role Sigurdarson has been playing - which is true, lamping the ball at him and asking him to hold it up and bring others into play would be a waste of time. However we aren't playing 4-2-3-1 at the moment and haven't been since mid-December, so there is no number ten role to fill.

--------Zyro----Mason/Wallace------Graham

-----------------Dicko--------------------------

Would be how we would be best suited to play when everyone is fit.

Yep - it's not a forward line that's going to be quite as impressive as Dicko - Afobe - Sako, as far as we can tell yet, but it should be creative and quick enough for a top six challenge provided we keep them all fit next time.

It's the centre of midfield and the defence that worry me for 2016/17.

He has played wide right the entire time I think. Morison and Gregory have been their two up front

Yeah he has and he's looked good in all the highlights that i've seen. His free kick through the wall was excellent the other week and his cross for their first goal on Saturday was better than any other player apart from Graham has put in all season. He also had a couple of other crosses that were very good but it does help that in Gregory and Morison he has 2 massive threats.

The only thing i have seen and i think has been backed up by Millwall fans is that he isn't great in front of goal but funnily enough he was completely different in that respect for Pompey.

I think that comes down to confidence. At Pompey he was confident shooting with either foot but in his limited minutes with us it's been hard to see.

I think that comes down to confidence. At Pompey he was confident shooting with either foot but in his limited minutes with us it's been hard to see.

I'd agree with that, he's eager to prove himself and it's much easier to put a cross in than finish a chance off. That's the ultimate way to prove yourself really and he seems to be snatching at chances. Poor man management on our part again.

If he isn't starting I'd leave him where he is. Although Jackett did put Graham in the side after recalling him so fingers crossed we can see what he's capable of.

Millwall fans on Twitter pretty much needing to be placed on suicide watch over Jed coming back to us

Back