• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2015/2016

For what it's worth, I do try and keep the first post up to date and I've got Saville down for a return in the 6th Jan.

You would think you could adapt this current set up into a genuine 4-3-3 - and that is the formation Ken has earmarked for him in the past.

--------------Saville-----McDonald-----Price---------------

--------------Zyro--------Afobe--------Graham--------------

We signed him and he dropped Edwards pretty much straight away for him, and the trio of McDonald, Saville and Evans actually showed some real promise to begin with. If we are going to play that way I'd rather see him and Evans given a chance than Coady and Edwards, as unlikely as it is.

Evans has been unlucky - maybe his attitude isn't great, I wouldn't really know - but he was fantastic at the start of last season, one of the best in the division at that point easily. The hand injury took him off focus and coincided with that terrible run, but it was harsh for him to just be completely dropped. Was the Reading game at home the last time he featured?

Yeah, it was. He was poor that day but so was everyone.

I haven't written either of them off yet. Evans has shown more in a Wolves shirt than Conor Coady has so far.

We signed him and he dropped Edwards pretty much straight away for him, and the trio of McDonald, Saville and Evans actually showed some real promise to begin with. If we are going to play that way I'd rather see him and Evans given a chance than Coady and Edwards, as unlikely as it is.

Evans has been unlucky - maybe his attitude isn't great, I wouldn't really know - but he was fantastic at the start of last season, one of the best in the division at that point easily. The hand injury took him off focus and coincided with that terrible run, but it was harsh for him to just be completely dropped. Was the Reading game at home the last time he featured?

Siggy's return shows that you should never say never - 2 yrs since he's featured for us, but on yesterday & did more than OK.

I wouldn't write off Evans completely yet - & from what I have seen of the 2 of the them would rate him above Saville

Yep, apparently we've got a 'thin' squad now a certain person has left :)

Bradford City AFC ‏@officialbantams 4 hours ago

Parkinson also revealed that Lee Evans was left out of today's match-day eighteen because Wolves are looking to recall the midfielder.

So Evans and Saville will come back, spend 4 weeks doing nowt before going back out on loan...

I'd like to see Evans back in the team but can't see it. Bradford fans say he was inconsistent but Bradford are route one and Evans would want to get on the ball more rather than see the ball over his head to Hanson.

I would love to have Evans back in the team, I watched a Bradford game earlier in the season (yes, only one) and he was the complete stand out and the commentators were really impressed with him.

Meh...rather have Coady in the team than Evans and playing in a more forward role.
He always looks to go forward but Mcdonald seems hesitant to try through balls for some reason.
Like to see Coady infront of Price and Mcdonald.

As soon as we get a sturdier defence that doesn't need two or even three holding midfielders in front of it, we'll need to try to get more flair in there - even Jackett must see that, and Evans and Saville are no doubt going to get their chances at some point.

Not Wallace, though, good heavens no, that would be madness, playing one of the Football League's brightest attacking midfield prospects in his best position. Madness!

Not Wallace, though, good heavens no, that would be madness, playing one of the Football League's brightest attacking midfield prospects in his best position. Madness!

Best to not even give him ten minute sub appearances, even if the bloke playing that position is totally knackered. You never know what carnage it could cause. Just keep him on the bench at all times.

I'd rather see Evans in the No.10 role than Edwards. At least he can pick a pass and he gets in the box too.

I'd rather see Evans in the No.10 role than Edwards. At least he can pick a pass and he gets in the box too.

I would rather see Ikeme at number 10 than Edwards pmsl, But then I would rather Jackett play himself at left back before Doherty

I would love to have Evans back in the team, I watched a Bradford game earlier in the season (yes, only one) and he was the complete stand out and the commentators were really impressed with him.

Many of our current team could be stand out in league one but in this league it is a different story unfortunately. Thats why McDonald is not as infulential

Evans was quite adept at making late runs and sniffing out rebounds when we were in League 1 IIRC.

Last time I saw Evans play number 10 role he was dire, Edwards came on for him and looked like David Silva in comparison, however thats only one game, I think I've been unlucky cos whenever I've seen Evans play he has been poor, After both him and Saville have been on loan and done ok. I would like to see them both at some stage get a chance (not at the same time though). Everyone else seems to rate Evans so I'm prepared to have my mind changed by him and Saville while not being very good for us, only had limited appearances and mostly when the rest of the team was playing crap so deserves another chance imo.

Back