• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
Thanks Premier League for this scheduling, I mean really. Thanks.

Jonny, Neves and Moutinho all on four yellows, this is the last game before the cut off. Saiss is now safe on eight after avoiding a booking last night. Rest any of them?

2018/19: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A), W 2-1 (H, FAC)
2016/17: W 2-1 (A, FAC)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2003/4: D 1-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)

Haven’t got a clue. I think we can get a result if we ignored fatigue, but how much will that affect us? Playing 10 men for 80 minutes will certainly help.

But I don’t want to lose this 1-0 and be missing both or one of Neves and Moutinho for Watford

As for fatigue, I think we'll be ok. It's not like we were chasing the ball all game, throwing ourselves on the line defensively. We had loads of possession, everyone seemed ok at the end.

Raul got through a load of work as usual but he's made of something special.

I think we might go pretty much full strength and see what cards lady fate deals to us.

Make no mistake, Liverpool are a truly awesome and brilliant side. The performance at the King Power was almost perfection. But we aren't too fucking shabby either. I would bite your hand off for a point right now. After 45 hours rest that would be up there with the wedding at Cana on the miracle front.

I reckon Nuno will probably start full strength but have to take a few off in the second half. Jota, Jonny and a.n.other. probably Raul.

He could always risk starting Traore on the bench and unleash him second half with one eye on Watford. He's probably undroppable at the minute though.

I think Adama has to play so we can keep Robertson pinned back.

Id be ecstatic with a point,even better would be a win,that causes liverpools season to collapse and them to gift Leicester the title,and because of them going on about how the title was theirs after last night,they're unbearable now,they won't shut up for about a decade if Ithey do win the title

Think we will go:

Rui

Bennett Coady Saiss

Jonny Donck Moutinho/Neves Vinagre

Traore Jimenez/Cutrone Neto

Wouldn't blame Nuno if he made wholesale changes (supposed you'd only add Kilman to the above) but it's not really what he tends to do. I worry about the impact it will have on the Watford game but we will come to that when it matters I suppose.

Vinagre is fine cover for Jonny, and resting him merely means this would be Vinagres game rather than watford.
Issue for me with Moutinho/Neves, is if both get a yellow, our first choice replacements are currently playing centre back, though we assume Bennett & Kilman would come in for them.

I think Nuno will start full strength. The interesting tie/selection for me will be the cup game. I expect a few changes in that, it's just a question of how many.

Agree with that YW, I reckon doc to share time with Jonny and neves to do the same with Moutinho with Cutrone to start up front. Wouldn’t be surprised with an unchanged 11 though knowing Nuno!

I would have very real concerns about Neto doing the required defensive work against TAA. Not saying he lacks effort, it's just he's still very green and it isn't his game at the moment. We know Jota will do it.

Their full backs are huge for them in an attacking sense, the midfield hardly creates anything. Weird that they're probably the best team in the world and yet have such a workmanlike three in there :icon_lol:

Yeah, on reflection, this isn't the game to drop Jonny either. Vinagre likely to come on in the 2nd half though.

Suspension concerns aside, I really dont want to see us walk out onto Anfield with too much of a weakened side.

I'm expecting the same team as yesterday, and the same approach. (If we're 4-0 down at half time, of course, I daresay the subs will be made earlier.) Nuno will be sending out a team to win this one, just as he always does.

I have a bet with my barman....
If Wolves win he works for free Sunday night
If Liverpool win he works double time
Draw he works for normal pay.

I have been telling anyone who will listen we will beat them

We beat them nearly three years ago under Lambert.

They've lost literally three home games since then I believe. Only one in the league.

I don't fancy your chances mate.

Barman must have been rubbing his hands at that bet. Can't see us getting a point unfortunately let alone winning the game.

The lack of recovery time for us is an absolute killer. I'm actually more concerned about just getting through it with no injuries.

Back