• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Liverpool (A) 29/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

The regular reminder of how far we've come (bear in mind we won with this team, somehow):

-----------------------Burgoyne--------------------

Coady-----------Stearman-------Hause-------Doherty

-----------Edwards-----Evans-----Saville----------------

----------Costa---------Dicko--------Weimann-----------

Ronan, Mason and Bödvarsson all came on.

Somebody will break their run at some point. It may well be us UTW

These Scousers won't like playing Thursdays and Sundays ;)

I'd actually rest Jonny and play Vinagre. TAA is phenomenal but can be got at defensively, him and Jota could (hopefully) overload him.

Lump on Robertson to get a yellow, he loves leaving something in there and he's bound to against Traore.

My big worry is Salah v Doc.

Mané vs Doc surely?

Salah plays on the right. Unless Nuno is thinking "we won at Anfield with Doc at LB so I will play him there"

Deutsch Wolf is talking sense and I don't fucking like it!

3-0 Wolves

EDIT: about us losing, I mean, not about playing Doc on the left!

As for fatigue, I think we'll be ok. It's not like we were chasing the ball all game, throwing ourselves on the line defensively. We had loads of possession, everyone seemed ok at the end.

Had the exact same conversation with Johnny on our way back to the bus station last night, while we controlled the game and played to our limits we weren't over exerting ourselves and running flat out for 90 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see an unchanged side.

I'm more bothered by the Watford game than this one.

I'm not saying we throw it but we need to be full strength for Watford.

Neves or Moutinho getting booked would be disastrous for us

Panic over on that front. Eriksen just got his 5th yellow of the season and he's not banned on New Year's Day.

Def 19th game so we have no one at risk now.

Next cut off point is upto and including match day 32 for 10 cards (2 game ban)

Excellent.

And Saiss is definitely going to have a 2 game ban then - let's hope it is when Boly is back..

I'm backing Saiss to hit the 15 cards before match day 38

Max will do a decent job if Boly isnt back. (Good article on Max in the Athletic the other week and those worried about his lack of pace should certainly read)

I'm backing Saiss to hit the 15 cards before match day 38

Max will do a decent job if Boly isnt back. (Good article on Max in the Athletic the other week and those worried about his lack of pace should certainly read)

There'll be a flood outside the E&S offices if and when that happens.

Bet Max is brilliant at clearing stuff off the line.

The regular reminder of how far we've come (bear in mind we won with this team, somehow):

ARGH!! MY EYES!! Make it go away...

Oh, it has, great

Seeing that team just reminds me how good old costa was

I seem to remember every single verdict I wrote containing the sentence "I hate our midfield so much" :icon_lol:

I really did. Unless Saiss played (even though he was overweight at the time), which Lambo rarely deigned to do. Remember, he "knew what Romain could do". But I'll play Edwards for 90 minutes of every single game, because that's somehow different.

I seem to remember every single verdict I wrote containing the sentence "I hate our midfield so much" :icon_lol:

I really did. Unless Saiss played (even though he was overweight at the time), which Lambo rarely deigned to do. Remember, he "knew what Romain could do". But I'll play Edwards for 90 minutes of every single game, because that's somehow different.

I always thought Saiss and Price would have been a decent midfield with Costa, Ronan and Marshall ahead of them behind Dicko / Bod / Weimann

I always thought Saiss and Price would have been a decent midfield with Costa, Ronan and Marshall ahead of them behind Dicko / Bod / Weimann

Was probably the best option from what we had (can't remember if we ever went with those two, very much doubt we ever went with that exact setup, in fact no we wouldn't as Preston away was the only game under Lambo where Edwards didn't play and that's because he was banned).

Criminal lack of pace there though outwith Helder, even in a best case scenario.

Also we had a right back who didn't like crossing the halfway line and a fat halfwit with no left foot at left back.

Oh, and pick from your own selection of dreadful keepers and bombscare centre halves. We've got loads of both.

Great days.

Same team as yesterday, but we’ll still lose by two clear goals. Liverpool are a different level.

That said, stranger things have happened. Let’s hope tomorrow is one of those days...

Back